• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

News: Terriers attack CKCS in Dublin

Speaking from recent experience, it's pretty hard to kick away attacking dogs, even small ones. :eek: A neighbour's cranky terrier made a rush at my three the other day and I had a really hard time keeping it away (hate that dog but the elderly woman who owns it and a group of terriers is very caring about abandoned dogs so you have to cut her some slack). If it had really wanted to go for any of them I doubt I'd have been able to prevent it exceptby picking up the dogs and I had no time to do so -- the thing came tearing across the road and just went at them. :confused: Incidentally I've always read that police say the best crime deterrent in a house are small terrier type dogs -- thieves find them harder to deal with then larger dogs apparently. Maybe that's just a makey-uppy story though! On the other hand my postman is afraid of the cavaliers. :lol:

I've always heard Yorkies are the best defense against thieves. They're small, fast, and can BITE. Especially ankles...

Having been owned by a yappy yorkie, I can say they are one of the best deterrents you have have. I lost count of the amount of times someone would knock at the dog and by the time I had open it the person would be waiting 20 yards down the road.

I've always heard Yorkies are the best defense against thieves. They're small, fast, and can BITE. Especially ankles...

My father used to visit this lady who had two of the tiny type yorkies who as soon as the door was open would launch them selfs at my Dads ankles and wouldn't let go.

I used to live next to someone who had one and she attacked Prince one day for now reason. I really dont like terriers, I would be afraid of them myself!!!

Um, a 2 to 3 minute attack? Sorry but I would have booted them way before then.

a westie was attacked by two border terriers in front of our house & it took 20 minutes or longer to get them off. the owner had the dog in his arms but the terriers were hanging off its legs & wouldnt let go.
It took about 5 people to eventually get them off & keep them back long enough to get the westie & owner out of the way & they still hung around outside for ages waiting for a second go ( next doors big tough builders were running round screaming like girls & throwing stones at them so I went out & got them in a cage )

:rotfl: I can picture it now.

yeah ,lol
the builders were running round with planks of wood & bricks shouting at the dogs & screaming .
I went out knelt down & said "come here" dogs ran up wagging their tails ( they where lovely with people just not dogs) Put them in the cage , problem solved

After i'd got hold of them they came swaggering over saying " yeah we sorted them , lets see their tags.

They told the police " oh its a good job we were here to subdue the dogs so that girl could get hold of them ,lol

when the dog warden eventually turned up she insisted I put a duvet over the cage incase they bit her fingers

wimps the lot of them ,lol

Back