• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anyone ever heard of this dog food??

Sue.k

Has anyone ever heard of Belcando dog food? The dog trainer I went to recommended this to me for Prince, she gave me a few different samples and he liked the Senior & Light food and I have to say he has lost weight and looks great, he is alot more active than he used to be. I am giving it to Lucy now to try and get a few pounds off her. If anyone else has tried it please let me know what you think. Thanks, Sue

Hi Sue!

Can't say I have ever heard of that one but if Prince likes it and is doing well on it then it must be OK! If you have a reliable source for the feed then even better!!
I did "google" it and found a website but there were errors on the page and I couldn't get very far into the site at all, from what I could see it looked german in origin?? Not too sure on that though!

Hi Cathryn,

Yes well the dogs do seem happy enough on it, was just curious if anyone heard of it. The trainer did tell me that it was German alright. I will try to Google it again and see if I have any luck. Thanks

The only issue would be, where do you buy it from? The trainer? Just curious where you can buy it. :) I see Zooplus.ie do not have it and they are a German company; thought maybe they would be the source for it. There are lots of good dogfoods and catfoods from around Europe though. My cats are OBSESSED with Bozita wet food from Sweden, that I got from Zooplus for about what I'd pay for Whiskas! And it comes right to my door; very handy. This has to comply to very high Swedish standards for petfoods and comes in tetrapak cartons that are light and easy to store. That's a bit off topic but just to agree that yes there are some alternative good brands out there to the more limited selection we see in Ireland on the shelves but I'd kind of want a reliable source.

Yes I buy it from the trainer, she suggested it for Prince because he was a bit on the large side, it really has done him great, he is nice and slim and he seems alot happier. I have Lucy on it now, she enjoys it, I only give her half a cup full though, when she has lost some weight I will give her a cup full a day.

Back