• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Louie is home!

Shari

I had forgotten how consuming it is to have a new puppy! It's been sixteen years since we had a new puppy and 14 years since we had an infant. He's only been home 1.5 hours, but we're all adjusting our day around him. It's so amazing that we've changed the dynamic of our household for the next 10-15 years in the time it took to drive him home. I'm thrilled and he's adjusting quickly. :D

He's 10 weeks today and slept most of the three hour drive home with only one potty break. He ate about 1/4 cup for lunch and promptly went outside to do his business. He loved his cuddle bear and Nylabone keys. Had a good play and now he's napping in his crate, door shut with no fuss, with his snuggle puppy which I rubbed all over one of his littermates so it would smell like "the brothers" he'll be missing. One question though. . . he's a noisy sleeper. Not snoring, but I can hear him breathing and he seems to be a heavy breather. Is this just because Cavies have shorter noses than the dachshunds we've been used to?

Hi!

The majority of mine are "noisy sleepers" too, I am reliably informed by my vet and various fellow breeders that it is down to them having an elongated palete and a short stop!!

All the very best with baby Louis!! He will keep you on your toes the next few weeks and months, am glad to hear he had a good journey and is behaving nicely for you, looking forwards to maybe seeing some :snap: soon I hope!! :D

Congratulations!!! Teddy loved his nylabone keys too :)

Teddy is a bit noisy when he sleeps, too. Not a true snore, just a sweet little noise. It got worse for a bit after he has the bordatella vaccine as he got a little bit of kennel cough from it, but then it went back to the same. Colin makes no noise when he sleeps, but then he has a slightly longer stop than your average cavalier.

Enjoy your little boy!

Congrats on you new addition!!!!! He sounds wonderful..and he seems to be settling in well!

One question though. . . he's a noisy sleeper. Not snoring, but I can hear him breathing and he seems to be a heavy breather. Is this just because Cavies have shorter noses than the dachshunds we've been used to?
well dont know if its that....My daschund was a noisy sleeper

Sydney here,

Good to see another tri-color on the web. Ruby says I snore like a banshee when I sleep. Of course, I told her I didn't but now Mom and Dad say I snore worse than a fat man. Can it be true?

Snore, er, ugh, I mean, Bark On!

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

Back