PDA

View Full Version : Dylan going under the knife.

*Pauline*
18th June 2007, 12:44 AM
Dylan is being neutered tomorrow, Monday. I'm ok now but I sure will be stressed on the day. :o

Caraline
18th June 2007, 02:31 AM
Awww, Dylan will be fine. It is such a minor job for the boys, but I know it is a worrying time anyway. Will be thinking of you both. :flwr:

Cathy Moon
18th June 2007, 03:35 AM
Our thoughts will be with you tomorrow! Hope the day goes fast for you and that you'll have lots to do so you won't worry too much.:flwr::flwr::flwr:

jld
18th June 2007, 03:55 AM
Good luck to both of you.....it will all be over this time tomorrow. Our babies grow up :( Judy

coconut
18th June 2007, 08:36 AM
Both u and dylan will be fine let us know how it goes!

*Pauline*
18th June 2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks everyone. I just took him out for his toilet and now he's sleeping again. I just have to have a bath myself then we are off to the vets.

Important question: Nil by mouth doesn't mean water too does it?

Cleo's Person
18th June 2007, 10:27 AM
Not sure about that Pauline. Just wanted to wish you and Dylan all the best today.

coconut
18th June 2007, 10:29 AM
i think that means water as well pauline not to sure!

Sue.k
18th June 2007, 11:22 AM
Good luck today Pauline, dont be worrying he will be fine :)

Natalie
18th June 2007, 11:32 AM
will be thinking of you and dylan today. Will you be able to take him home tonight?

brid kenny
18th June 2007, 11:48 AM
Best of luck Dylan. You will be fine!!

Kelly
18th June 2007, 12:04 PM
Not sure if I'm too late to answer this but Chester was still allowed water, just no food.

Hope all goes okay. Am sure you'll be in a worse state than him. He'll love all the attention from the Vet Nurses & wont be short of a cuddle or two..... or three!

Cathy Moon
18th June 2007, 12:10 PM
I don't think he should have water after midnight the day before, if he's going in for surgery in the morning.

At the time I take the dog in, I tell the vet tech or vet when he last had food or water.

If he's having surgery in the afternoon, then only a small drink early in the morning if the vet says ok.

*Pauline*
18th June 2007, 12:50 PM
:rolleyes: Dylan was sick this morning, white foaming stuff and only a little so his surgery was postponed until Thursday. There were a few bad emergencies in that morning too so I would have been happy to postpone even if they had said they were snowed under. Oh well.

Thank you so much for your well wishes. :D

The nurse said water is ok this morning.

OhMarley
19th June 2007, 04:43 AM
Nil by mouth is no food or water... animals on nil by mouth are usually on a drip, that doesn't sound right for a castration. Usually you give them water and if they are up to it a small meal.

*Pauline*
19th June 2007, 10:53 PM
Would you believe, the vet nurse called me and said they had to cancel until Monday Th as there is an emergency coming in on Thursday. I wonder how much of an emergency it is if it can wait till Thursday! :rolleyes: So now Dylan only has one week to recover before we go dog sitting.

By the way. I asked the nurse when we went yesterday and she said water is ok in the morning of the operation and I asked a different nurse when they called today and she said it's ok too.

Barbara Nixon
19th June 2007, 11:39 PM
I was told the same for Monty. No food , but he can have water. They used to say neither, at one time. However, the water bowl will be taken up at 10.30pm; a compromise.

OhMarley
20th June 2007, 01:03 PM
I miss read this, before the op water but no food, after op sml mean and water !