• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan going under the knife.

*Pauline*

UPDATE: Dylan going under the knife.

Dylan is being neutered tomorrow, Monday. I'm ok now but I sure will be stressed on the day. :eek:

Last edited:
Awww, Dylan will be fine. It is such a minor job for the boys, but I know it is a worrying time anyway. Will be thinking of you both. :flwr:

Our thoughts will be with you tomorrow! Hope the day goes fast for you and that you'll have lots to do so you won't worry too much.:flwr::flwr::flwr:

Good luck to both of you.....it will all be over this time tomorrow. Our babies grow up :( Judy

Thanks everyone. I just took him out for his toilet and now he's sleeping again. I just have to have a bath myself then we are off to the vets.

Important question: Nil by mouth doesn't mean water too does it?

Not sure if I'm too late to answer this but Chester was still allowed water, just no food.

Hope all goes okay. Am sure you'll be in a worse state than him. He'll love all the attention from the Vet Nurses & wont be short of a cuddle or two..... or three!

I don't think he should have water after midnight the day before, if he's going in for surgery in the morning.

At the time I take the dog in, I tell the vet tech or vet when he last had food or water.

If he's having surgery in the afternoon, then only a small drink early in the morning if the vet says ok.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Dylan was sick this morning, white foaming stuff and only a little so his surgery was postponed until Thursday. There were a few bad emergencies in that morning too so I would have been happy to postpone even if they had said they were snowed under. Oh well.

Thank you so much for your well wishes. :D

The nurse said water is ok this morning.

Nil by mouth is no food or water... animals on nil by mouth are usually on a drip, that doesn't sound right for a castration. Usually you give them water and if they are up to it a small meal.

Would you believe, the vet nurse called me and said they had to cancel until Monday Th as there is an emergency coming in on Thursday. I wonder how much of an emergency it is if it can wait till Thursday! :rolleyes: So now Dylan only has one week to recover before we go dog sitting.

By the way. I asked the nurse when we went yesterday and she said water is ok in the morning of the operation and I asked a different nurse when they called today and she said it's ok too.

I was told the same for Monty. No food , but he can have water. They used to say neither, at one time. However, the water bowl will be taken up at 10.30pm; a compromise.

Back