• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New puppy exhaustion

Shari

The puppy's not exhausted, mind you--it's the owner!

I had forgotten how it's very much like having a toddler in the house. There's a reason that women in their 40s are less fertile--God knows they don't have the stamina to get up 2-3 times a night and chase mulch eaters out of the flower beds all day! :) Then he lays his furry little head on my feet while I'm sitting reading the newspaper, and I'm reminded of what a sweet little thing he is.

Sounds like you have you're hands full. I hate to say it but it doesn't always stop when they turn into adults either! My 2 4-years olds and even Honey who is nearly 13 still get into mischief - shredded toilet paper, raided bins, garden flowers eaten.... sounds familiar? ;)

But you're right - one look at those big brown eyes and all is forgiven. Louie is gorgeous by the way :luv:

Ahhh...memories!! But you're so right...when they look at you with the big loving eyes all is forgiven and you realize it's worth every minute.

Ah! The joys of being a puppymomma!! :lotsaluv: Yes it is hard work at times but is just SO rewarding as you seem to be finding out, watch those eye's those, they can tempt yoou into giving in to all sorts of things, extra biscuit, walk, sleep on your bed Mum?? :lol: :lotsaluv: Worth every second though eh??

It is very tiring having a puppy, especially when you can't take them for a walk! I introduced a game of fetch that tires her out whilst I can do other things. She LOVES it. So much it didn't require much for her to realise it's more fun letting go of her favourite toy so I can chuck it. She will even play fetch with kibble pieces. :D

Shari, It sounds like you have the right attitude...LOL

Aren't they exhausting? You have to do everything for them, and they can't be out of your sight for a moment or for sure they will get into some kind of trouble.

It does get easier , but it's a very slow process. Hang in there sounds like you doing pretty good to me.

Back