PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Male blenheim 7-ish

Karlin
22nd June 2007, 01:53 PM
I will likely have an older male CKCS seeking a new home. Currently in the Dublin area but can travel elsewhere in Ireland. :) As soon as I get further details I will post.

Karlin
22nd June 2007, 07:46 PM
Here he is! A VERY handsome blenheim; his name is Trix:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1350/591413117_c593467a00_m.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1186/591412433_82665e9239.jpg

He was rescued from a bad situation nearly four years ago -- sounds like he was a puppy farm stud dog as he was in poor shape, afraid of people and didn't know what to make of the inside of a house. :( Now he is very obviously a house dog and is good with adults and children.

His current owner clearly keeps him in fantastic condition, as you can see from his pictures. However work now will require him to travel frequently and he needs to rehome Trix.

Please PM me if you are interested or post here, if you would like to offer this fellow a retirement home. :)

Karlin
22nd June 2007, 08:13 PM
May also need a foster on this one; not sure yet.

brid kenny
22nd June 2007, 09:16 PM
I can take him as a foster if necessary.

Karlin
22nd June 2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks Brid, I have another foster offer as well so you are OK on this one. :)

Cathy T
23rd June 2007, 02:41 AM
What a handsome boy he is!

Cathryn
23rd June 2007, 09:57 AM
Hi there Trix!

Hope he finds a new home soon!!

matties mum
24th June 2007, 01:02 PM
Has this beauitful boy got an home yet ----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie--Barney--Sam)

Karlin
25th June 2007, 12:56 PM
I only just got his information so am only just starting to sarch for a home. I will post when he finds it! This little guy would be a great companion for someone older, or as a second dog for someone in Ireland. :)

noa_mills
27th June 2007, 10:47 AM
I'll check with my husband but I am interested. We have one
3-month old and he is a bit lonely while we are away working, he needs a friend. Does Trix still need a home?

Karlin
27th June 2007, 04:52 PM
He does. If you are interested, and you haven't yet sent me an application (I think you might have?) go here to the Introduction section yo download one:

www.ckcsrescue.com

and email in back to me just letting me know in an email that this is for Trix! He looks like a really lovely dog.

Karlin

noa_mills
29th June 2007, 11:27 AM
Yes, I did. I'll send you a private message

Karlin
29th June 2007, 01:23 PM
I'll come back to you -- getting some more info.

noa_mills
29th June 2007, 03:08 PM
Grand, thanks!

sallymum
2nd July 2007, 01:58 PM
Any luck with homing this man.

Karlin
2nd July 2007, 02:33 PM
He has a couple of possibilities. :)

matties mum
3rd July 2007, 11:05 AM
Oh good nice to hear----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie--Barney---Sam)

Karlin
17th July 2007, 05:17 PM
From speaking with the owner I believe this dog is younger than initially stated -- probably more like 7 (he was guessing 8-9 but that seems too old going by the story of his background and his appearance). I need to get this dog into foster this week and have PM'd one person but he also is in need of a home still.

Justine
17th July 2007, 07:27 PM
Hubby and me said if you get stuck will foster till you find good home.

Rj Mac
17th July 2007, 08:38 PM
Hope he finds his forever home soon :xfngr:

coconut
17th July 2007, 09:40 PM
hope u can sort this lil man out poor thing!

Karlin
17th July 2007, 10:36 PM
Going to a board member for foster some time this week. :)

Cathryn
17th July 2007, 10:40 PM
That's great news!! Hope something gets worked out soon for this adorable guy!! :lotsaluv:

Justine
17th July 2007, 10:43 PM
Ahhhhh thats great news.

*Pauline*
20th July 2007, 10:19 AM
Any news Karlin? He looks so sweet :lotsaluv:

Karlin
20th July 2007, 04:59 PM
Being fostered to a board member in next few days, and we will see how he does there. :)

Mary
20th July 2007, 05:01 PM
Oh my what a beautiful wise looking old guy. Kind of a worried look in that first pic. I hope he finds a great home soon.

Lilly
20th July 2007, 10:44 PM
Hi everyone,
I haven't posted before but have been a member of the board for a while. I am fostering Trix and hopefully he will be very happy with us. I believe from chatting to his current owner that he is a gorgeous dog and very good with children - I have a three year old daughter who is very excited about him - I have shown her his picture and she has responded by renaming all her toy animals Trix! He is coming to stay with us tomorrow and we are soooo excited! I will let you all know how he is settling in and will try to post some lovely pictures of him playing in our garden ! Any advice is welcome on how to introduce him to my daughter! So fingers crossed that he settles in well and that I can give him a lovely home :luv: Very excited about his arrival tomorrow - we will probably be up early waiting for him to arrive here:D

Mary
20th July 2007, 10:48 PM
Congrats Lilly and best of luck. Trix looks like a fine pup. Just supervise play with Trix for your daughter. Show her how to be gentle. Enjoy Trix!! Look forward to pics and stories.

Karlin
21st July 2007, 07:15 PM
I'm glad he's arrived now! Maybe start a new thread in the main section of the board and let us know how he is doing and get a picture if you can! :) Also people will be more likely to see the thread there, if you have any questions you want to ask for advice. Thanks so much for taking him in. As long as you can tell the 'real' Trix from all the toy Trixes you'll do fine... :lol:

Karlin
23rd July 2007, 11:52 AM
This fellow needs to be in a foster spot with grown children or adults only -- toddlers aren;t the right mix for this gentleman. I need a foster spot where he can go and stay while he is neutered. I think I have a home for him but he likely needs a week or 10 day foster, if anyone can take him?

brid kenny
23rd July 2007, 12:08 PM
Won't be able to Karlin as I'm heading to Donegal. Sorry.:(

sallymum
23rd July 2007, 01:07 PM
Karlin i have pm u.

Karlin
24th July 2007, 06:14 PM
Trix is seeking an adult or older-children home where he can spend his retirement years. He is a friendly, outgoing dog. Trix finds very small children a little too overwhelming to live with so he is in search of an indoor home where he will get plenty of walks and loving! PM me if you are interested; homing applications are in the 'Introduction' section of my website, www.ckcsrescue.com

fid
6th August 2007, 07:50 PM
I have PM'd you.:)

Fidelma

brid kenny
6th August 2007, 11:09 PM
Does this guy have a foster hom?Am available now if needed.

sallymum
7th August 2007, 10:38 AM
Does this guy have a foster hom?Am available now if needed.
Hi Brid thanks this fella is with me until a home can be found for him. Who ever gets Trix is going to be very lucky as he is such a great guy. If i didnt have my 4 i would easily become a failed fosterer. :)

sins
7th August 2007, 11:11 AM
I'm interested in giving Trix a permanent home, but until I come back from hols on 1 st september, I'm not in a position to take on any dog right now.
However If he's still available at that time, he'd have a very happy life in East Cork and daisy would have a companion.
Sins

brid kenny
7th August 2007, 03:34 PM
You need to apply to Karlins rescue site for this. Best of luck.

Mimi
8th August 2007, 10:12 PM
Hi ,
A friend of mine has applied to adopt Trix through Irish Cavalier Rescue , she loves Heidi and Nifa and when I told her about Trix she decided to apply . Hope she is successful look forward to welcoming Trix to Kilkenny.
Mimi

Karlin
9th August 2007, 03:33 AM
This guy now has several applications that will be taken in order of receipt. The first option is to a couple in Dublin not on the board, who expressed interest just before I left for Korea so I will be speaking to them first and doing a homecheck with them once I am back (I return Saturday). No all homes that apply work out however -- it may be that the dog really wouldn't quite suit the applicant or people change their mind after having time to think -- so all possibilities are open.

There are always more dogs coming in and aften slightly older dogs that really need loving homes so I hope the applicants will keep an eye out ad of course I do retain applications while I wait for a good match to come in. :)

If someone off-board applies, be sure to always have them indicate the connection with someone here etc -- it really helps me to know there are these connections and I also really need them noted in the application.

I need to change the applications a bit to better accommodate this type of question too. :)

Rj Mac
11th August 2007, 03:04 PM
Sounds like everythings working out for Trix, great news :D

sallymum
11th August 2007, 03:48 PM
Trix as i have said before is a great dog. :D If any dog deserves a chance he is it.

Karlin
13th August 2007, 03:36 PM
This fellow may need foster again. One home that applied has visiting very small children so this is not the right dog for that situation; as noted he is not generally comfortable with toddlers. I have not yet heard back from the couple who are first on the list though am hoping they will quickly get in touch if they remain interested in him :xfngr: ; however Trix may need to be in a new foster place around Wednesday.

If anyone can manage him, please let me know.

brid kenny
13th August 2007, 04:41 PM
I can take him.

Karlin
17th August 2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks Brid for short term foster. :flwr: Trix has a new home and should be there on the weekend. :)

coconut
17th August 2007, 05:17 PM
if he needs transport or anyting give me a call!

fid
21st August 2007, 01:01 AM
Trix is settling into his new home really well. We all love him to bits and he is so friendly and well behaved. He LOVES his walks aswell. He waits patiently at the door for us to bring him out. We couldn't have asked for such a sweeter and affectionate dog. We collected him on saturday and he is settling in so well it seems like he's been here forever. He got microchipped today and once he was in the vets he didn't want to leave!! Thanks to karlin, brid, sallymum and everyone else who helped Trix. He's a brillent addition to the family. Here are some pictures of him.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/fid_07/trix078-1.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/fid_07/trix056.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/fid_07/trix038.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/fid_07/trix040.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/fid_07/trix036.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/fid_07/trix031.jpg

Lelia and Fidelma:D

casshon
21st August 2007, 08:28 AM
Trix looks so happy. He has such a sweet face :luv:

I'm glad he is settling in so well.

sallymum
21st August 2007, 10:12 AM
I am so happy that Trix is finally settled he is such a great dog and as i said earlier if any dog deserves happiness he is it.

Aileen
21st August 2007, 10:36 AM
So pleased
-----Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

brid kenny
21st August 2007, 01:43 PM
He looks great and sooo happy. Delighted to see. Brid.

Karlin
21st August 2007, 02:54 PM
I fixed the tags so people can see the pics (you had clicked to make them links rather than display pics :)).

He looks wonderful -- so delighted he is fitting in so well! I see he has already taken over a couch. :lol:

george108
25th August 2007, 08:48 AM
Well done Trix. Looks like you landed on all 4 paws!!