PDA

View Full Version : Bailey ate a muffin wrapper :O

Jessieca
23rd June 2007, 11:09 PM
I just took Bailey for a walk, and he managed to basically inhale a muffin wrapper from the sidewalk. Normally I am good at navigating any type of trash, but I somehow missed this. I tried to pull it out of his mouth, but it was a lost cause. It's the type you peel off of a muffin before you eat it, the paper kind. I got a very small piece out, and that's the only way I could even tell what he ate. Should I be concerned? He seems to be fine, though it was only about an hour ago. I know I am probably worrying too much, but everyone is so nice and supportive on here, I figured it would be worth asking. Thanks!

Cathryn
23rd June 2007, 11:21 PM
Hi!

Should be just fine and will Ermm! icon_blshing pass straight through, it's the plastic one's that can cause the most damage in particular as they do not show up on X-Rays. I would watch his "offerings" the next day or so just to be on the safe side! One of mine used to eat elastic bands years ago, I will leave that to your imagination!! :lol: :lol:

Barbara Nixon
24th June 2007, 12:05 PM
All mine have done that, at some time, though the cake paper has normally been from the kitchen bin.

cavi lover
24th June 2007, 12:51 PM
You think a muffin wrapper is bad well my cavalier Ellie who behaves like a trained gundog without any training consummed 2 dead mice last weekend!! No ill effects other than runny poo!!! Great!!! lol!

Karlin
25th June 2007, 12:24 PM
Mine like to shred and eat paper and cardboard all the time. They too have gotten the odd muffin wrapper! I doubt there's much to worry about with paper; it pulps down pretty easily as long as it is paper and not one of those types with plastic or foil in it. :)

Jessieca
29th June 2007, 08:29 AM
Sorry, I meant to mention it did come out the other end a couple of days later. My bf said it was ummm interesting looking when he picked up his poo that morning lol. It sounded pretty yucky. Anyways, all is good, and I realize I probably worried too much hehe.

angie
12th July 2007, 11:43 AM
i think most of us are worry warts like your self on this site, including me! YOU ARE NOT ALONE!! :) :) :) :) I WOULD RATHER JADAN ATE THAT THAN WHAT NORMALLY GOES IN HIS MOUTH...ITS SOOOO DISGUSTING SOMETIMES, THEN OFFERS ME A KISS....NOOOOO THANK YOU!!!