PDA

View Full Version : New foster mom

sramirez
26th June 2007, 06:03 PM
Hi all:

I'm taking in my first foster tomorrow. Seems he was a 'farm dog' which obviously didn't work out (imagine that). I will be driving to pick him up from a very great lady who runs a kennel and has taken him in until Cavalier Rescue (and me) can get our papers in order.

I'm hoping I can do a good job - the hardest part will be letting him go when the time is right for his new family. I also thought I was in the running for another older boy that was being fostered, to be permanently placed with me, but seesm his foster family wants to keep him. Alas, the downfalls of being a foster mom!!

I know when the time is right, I will find another permanent cavalier for our home. Somehow I seem to be attracted the older ones, who need to just retire to my house for some rest & relaxation & daily walks.

Wish me luck as a new foster mom!

Sheri

matties mum
26th June 2007, 07:18 PM
I wish you luck but can we see photos please---Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Karlin
26th June 2007, 08:28 PM
That's excellent! And the oldies are the ones who need special people too so it sounds like good match. :) Yes pics please when you get your foster.

Cathryn
26th June 2007, 11:35 PM
:thmbsup: Wonderful news, Good Luck am sure all will go well!!

JaneB
27th June 2007, 04:45 PM
Sheri,
Great news! You won't be sorry! I try to see my kids after they've been in their new homes for a few weeks. It has always made my heart soar to see them loved and well cared for - it reminds you why you rescue and why you foster. I'm on my fifth foster dog since November - each one of them is doing well and is being loved to pieces. Especially the first one - Ella. I failed miserably with her, she lives with me. Be prepared, Sheri. You may end up with a permanent Cavalier before you know it. PM me if you need anything.

JaneB

Sue.k
27th June 2007, 05:28 PM
Good luck with it Sheri, i am sure you will be a great foster mum :w**h**:

Shay
27th June 2007, 06:12 PM
Sheri...That is great news! I know you will be a great foster Mom. And when the ties is right, your will find that special baby to be a part of your family.