• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scarlett: 14 January 1996 - 28 June 2007

Caraline

We put Scarlett to sleep this morning after her 7 month long battle with seizures, loss of co-ordination, muscle strength & cognition. This morning there was no questioning that the time had come. We got the vet to come to our home & and she went her way as we cuddled her infront of the fire. She went gently as it should be and having just had the feast of her lifetime.

We buried her in a watery grave & under torrential rain, as it has been here for weeks now. I had visions of sweetly laying some dog biscuits at her nose for her to take on her journey, but like some warped black comedy they floated off down the yard & I had to go retrieve them & anchor them down with clods of mud. The gods seemed to have deemed that it would be no pretty burial so after this rain lets up and our land stops being a river, we will have to go and make sure that she is still respectfully buried.

Scarlett060126003.jpg

So sorry to read of your loss of Scralett. It's so difficult to let them go but she will meet you at the Rainbow Bridge, running free, without pain.

I know that you will miss her terribly but she is at peace now.

My wishes that you may be at peace also. It's suich a difficult decision to make, one I have made before.

My heartfelt sympathies are with you.

I'm so sorry for you loss of your beloved Scarlett.:( She was surrounded by your love as she fell asleep; there is no better way to leave this world. You and your family will be in our thoughts. :hug:

Oh Caroline, that brings tears to my eyes. I'm so glad that you were able to let her go the way you did. Warm thoughts to you and your family at this difficult time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones tonight. Always remember what a wonderful life she was lucky to lead while she was on this earth.

Oh Caraline I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :( I'm sure Scarlett is running free at the bridge, chasing birds an dliving the dog life...My thoughts are with you and your other pups.

I am so sorry at your loss

May I Go
Do you think the time is right?
May I say goodbye to pain filled days and endless lonely nights?
I've lived my life and done my best, an example tried to be.
So can I take that step beyond, and set my spirit free?
I didn't want to go at first, I fought with all my might.
But something seems to draw me now to a warm and living light.
I want to go, I really do; it's difficult to stay.
But I will try as best I can to live just one more day.
To give you time to care for me and share your love and fears.
I know you're sad and afraid, because I see your tears.
I'll not be far, I promise that, and hope you'll always know,
That my spirit will be close to you wherever you may go.
Thank you so for loving me. You know I love you too,
And that's why it's hard to say goodbye and end this life with you.
So hold me now just one more time and let me hear you say,
Because you care so much for me, you'll let me go today.

by Susan A. Jackson

----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

I'm so sorry Caroline. It seems like Scarlett fought bravely for a long time and is surely at rest at now.

:flwr: :hug:

I'm so sorry Caraline. It sounds like you made a very peaceful goodbye. I'll be thinking of you, keep praying. xx :hug:

So sorry to hear of your loss. I have been following your posts & know what a really hard decision that must have been to make but what a wonderful, peaceful way to let her go.

Thinking of you.

I am so very sorry to hear of Scarletts passing, at least you were able to let her go with some dignity and surrounded by those who loved her the most :lotsaluv: :hug: :hug:Good Night Dear Scarlett and God Bless :lotsaluv:

Back