• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Coming home from kennels

sallymum

Dont know what happened my 3 after been in kennels but the couple problems i had with them barking at other dogs and Sam not liking the others at his food as completely stop. Can bring them for walks now and if we pass other dogs they just waggle their tails, toby gives his whinge which he does anyway for what ever reason, but we can live with that. great that now im not looking for walks where we wont meet other dogs.
Also Sam is quite happy for them to eat of his plate he just looks at them as if to say ok u win have some.
Saying that there was a few problems they came back with which wasnt very nice like fleas and ear mites. Sorted fleas treating the ear mites.

The first time I put Prince into kennels he really found his voice, he never barked before I put him in, he does the whinge when he sees other dogs but since Lucy arrived he is alot more layed back. Thats terrible that they got fleas and ear mites, I wouldnt be too happy about that at all!

Sounds like they got enough exposure to lots of other dogs that they have ceased to be a 'big thing' and point of reaction for them! That's great; hope it continues that way for you. :) Sam was really good in kennels when I had him in for about 2 weeks; it was a nice calming environment for him and he enjoyed the other dogs. Sometimes they need to be reminded that they don't need to get so excited. Now only if I could do that for Lily. :rolleyes:

I think it's always a good idea to have them up to date on flea treatments in advance of going to a kennels -- there's always so many dogs of unknown backgrounds. Reminds me that I need to do a summer treatments for all my cats and dogs -- this time of year we usually get some fleas around. :yikes

Back