• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Marley has eye damage

OhMarley

I can't believe her (my cat) i'm so angry but at the same time I know its not her fault... No one saw what happened but it obvious she's lashed out at Marley and scratched his eye.
He's at the vet right now, his eye is scratched and they are obviously worried. His pupil wasn't dilating properly so they are worried he may have damaged his lens. They have started him on anti-imflammatorys, anti-biotics and will give him more atropine later to see if his pupil is reacting normally. If not we are looking at him having to have his lens removed!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it i'm so worried my poor little man :(

Oh Soma, I am sooo sorry. The way Dixie plays with Cleo, the pug, that could happen to her too. I am going to really have to watch them. Please keep us updated. I will say a prayer for your precious Marley. Judy

I posted in your other thread in the Health & Diet forum Soma, but please do keep us posted.

UPDATE: we just picked him up from the vet they managed to get his eye to dilate and they could see the lens, it looked good like the puncture hadn't read there. It has however gone through the cornea so he's on a combo of medications. He goes back in a week and they'll check his eye out again.
So hopefully its going to be fine, I can actually breathe again!!!!!! I'm so relieved I was so worrried, although we arn't out of the woods yet its a better prognoises then what they originally thought.

Have posted on your other thread, but sending speedy get well vibes to Marley and you! :flwr: :flwr:

I'm sorry to hear about Marley's injury and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.It's encouraging to hear that the situation is more positive.
Daisy had an almost fatal encounter at 11 weeks with next door's 15 lb tomcat so I can fully understand how upset you must have felt.Marley is such a handsome little puppy and hopefully he's not in any distress and is comfortable.Please keep us updated.
Sins

I'm glad this is looking better than it did at the start of the thread and that he's doing so much better. Let us know how he does and fingers crossed all heals up nicely.

One thing you can do is keep your cat's front claws well trimmed. It is when they get really sharp and pointed that they can inflict the most damage. I find they need to be trimmed back about every two weeks.

If you have an indoor cat, I strongly recommend Softpaws nail caps -- www.softpaws.com. These (created by a vet) are really easy to put on and each one lasts about 2-3 months then falls off as the nail grows out. Then you trim the nail again and glue a new one on. I've used them very successfully. The bonus is the cat also can't claw furniture etc. However this isn't OK for outdoor cats who need to be able to escape up trees etc if being chased and also to defend themselves. If your cat's claws are capped you'd probably feel a lot more comfortable with them together.

I'm so sorry to hear about little Marley, however, your update does sound promising. Please keep us up-to-date.

Soma, I am so glad to hear that things might not be as bad as you thought last night. I was so worried about him. He is just the cutest little guy and so full of life. Please keep us updated. Judy

Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone, i'm much happier and calmer today I can tell you that much!!!!
Marley seems a lot happier today

time to get rid of the cat I reckon!! (I don't like cats at all if you can't tell!!)

time to get rid of the cat I reckon!! (I don't like cats at all if you can't tell!!)

Not an option i've had her for 9 years I love my cat. I brought a puppy into her life and jsut because she's reacted in a way that I don't like doesn't mean I'ld just dump her. This is her home so its up to me to find a way to make this work.

Back