• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Marleys eye i'm freaking out

OhMarley

As I wrote in the general forum Marley has eye damage as a result of my cat scratching him. We don't know how serious it is yet but I get the distinct impression its not looking good. I'm so worried.
Has anyone else been in this situation? At the least there looking at his having to have anti-inflammatorys, anti-biotics. Otherwise his lens may be removed... or if the damage is worse then they expected even his eye removed!!!!! I'm FREAKING out :(:(:(:( He's only 14 weeks 2 days old... i can't believe my cat I could boot her one right now but I know she's a cat and she was just responding as cats do :(

Oh Soma, I am so sorry. Poor little Marley. Gosh, I know so little about this sort of thing so I have no words to offer other than sympathy & support. The vets can do wonderful things and with our modern medicines near miracles can occur, so try not to plunge too deeply into despair. It might not come to him losing his eye. You & Marley will be in my thoughts. May he mend fully & swiftly.

xox

UPDATE: we just picked him up from the vet they managed to get his eye to dilate and they could see the lens, it looked good like the puncture hadn't read there. It has however gone through the cornea so he's on a combo of medications. He goes back in a week and they'll check his eye out again.
So hopefully its going to be fine, I can actually breathe again!!!!!! I'm so relieved I was so worrried, although we arn't out of the woods yet its a better prognoises then what they originally thought.

oh thank goodness he will be ok - what a dreadful worry for you.

Hopefully he will keep away from your cat now - it's very hard with puppies and cats.

Please keep us posted.

Hi!

What a relief for you! Sorry to hear he has had this injury and that you have had this worry so early in his life, however the eye is incredibly good at healing itself, it might look/sound a little scary right now but believe me it will soon be so much better. Poor Marley having to learn the hard way not to wind a cat up! Sending positive healing thoughts your way!
:flwr: :flwr:

When he was a puppy, Joly scratched Monty's eye, though not as badly. It healed very quickly, with no ill effects.

Aww poor Marley :( im glad it's not too serious. I hope Marley get's better soon :flwr: poor baby.

Thank goodness it sounds like he is going to be ok. So that this doesn't happen again, is it possible to provide your cat with lots of places she can jump up onto if Marley starts to annoy her? Hopefully he will have learned to give her a wide berth now, but it would be nice if you could made some modifications to help this along the way. :flwr:

Hi Soma. The EXACT same thing happened to Kingston when he was about 5 months old. My friend's cat clawed him and ended up puncturing a hole in his cornea. You can do a search and read my thread on that from last October. I immediately took Kingston to a 24-hour hospital (as it was the middle of the night), and he had surgery the next day. It was emotional and traumatic at the time, but you'd never even know it happened now!

In regards to my cat any advice would be appriciated.
Lucy is stalking Marley and attacking him, he's not annoying her or stirring her up or even chasing her. She is STALKING him... and its getting worse. He has done things that have annoyed her e.g. eating her food!!!!!
She gets a 6monthly injections anyhow as she's ... crazy cat, very anxious, very timid, very shall i say PSYCO! hehe..
However she has beaten him up twice and now suddenly my timid cat has turned into a bullying beast... She has found someone she can bully, someone who is scared of her, so scared that when she enters a room he flattens himself against the floor trying to pretend he's not there!!
Lucy now has an ego and its a nasty one...
And I have NO idea what to do..

Back