PDA

View Full Version : We've had a "delivery"!!

Cathryn
29th June 2007, 12:24 PM
Hello there!

Well I have been keeping hush about this for a couple of days, but I had a very special delivery on Wednesday Night!! Before I launch off about it I would like to Thank Karlin, Bruce and Nicki for all keeping hush about this too and Thanks for your emotional support through that evening :flwr:

Crystal was due on July 1st, none of my girls has ever made it to her due date and Crystal wasn't about to alter that record for me either. On Monday I had a whole night of her being very restless and missing her Mom, Rosie and Sister Bella whom she usually sleeps with. Tuesday night was even worse, we had a whole night of very active bedmaking and loud panting! Here is Crystal in her nest looking very proud of herself! :lotsaluv:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/KidsMums2B002.jpg

I had my first positive sign that things were progressing when miss chowhound refused her tea! Then finally at 5:05p.m on Wednesday 27 June Crystal's first puppy burst into the world!! A little girl!! Followed very closely half an hour later by a little boy!! 2 more boys were born over the next couple of hours all very good weights, girl was 7 Ounces (sorry don't do metric!) first boy was 6 Ounces and the other 2 boys were both 8 Ounces. Crystals scan had shown 4 possibly 5 pups, but that is not a reliable way of knowing how many pups there are. So I had a good feel of her tummy and thinking she had finished put her outside to toilet (OH was with her just in case!) whilst I got rid of the newspaper and put down a nice warm fleece bed instead, Crystal came back up and settled down with her babies, very proud she was too! She had held back an afterbirth however and I was watching for her to pass it so you can imagine how embarrased and shocked I was when at 1:45 a.m instead of passing the a/b I was waiting for she delivered another little girl weighing a very healthy 8 Ounces!! icon_blshing I have no idea where she was hiding that one! But this is not the first time I have been caught out and I daresay it won't be the last :lol:

So here you go folks, here is Crystal with her 3 sons and 2 daughters!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/Crystalpups002.jpg

And another one, will post better views as they get older, I don't like to disturb first time mum's too much just after whelping! Little surprise girl is the one on the extreme right!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/Crystalpups004.jpg

Crystal has taken to motherhood like a duck to water, excuse messy back legs BTW Pups are nice and pink and warm and best of all quiet, unless they get knocked off a teat that is!!

Enjoy!!

ness
29th June 2007, 12:30 PM
Congrats! what beautiful pups :luv: well done everyone!

Mary
29th June 2007, 12:50 PM
Wow! Beautiful Mom and pups. Congrats!!!!!

loveisokay
29th June 2007, 12:56 PM
Aww, how pretty!

Bruce H
29th June 2007, 01:00 PM
Great looking pups! So glad to see them. No need to be embarrassed about an unexpected one. Every breeder I know, myself included, has a Bonus Baby once in a while. The ultrasounds a a good guide, but definately not totally accurate. Besides, I think the Mom's surprise us once in a while just to let us know who's really in charge :D .

So are you getting any sleep yet?

Karlin
29th June 2007, 01:12 PM
:rah: :rah: They are all so sweet :) but the last little one I predict will be a little spitfire... :lol:

matties mum
29th June 2007, 01:31 PM
Oh they are beauitful ----Aileen and the gang (Jazziiie---Barney---Sam)

Sue.k
29th June 2007, 01:37 PM
:pi*no: Oh my god they are gorgeous, cant wait to see close ups of them. Congratulations :rah:

Cathryn
29th June 2007, 01:40 PM
So are you getting any sleep yet?

:lol: Sleep?? What's that? :lol:

Currently I think I have had about 7 hours in the last 96!! OH isn't working tonight, guess who's getting puppy duty tonight?? icon_whistling

Sandrac
29th June 2007, 01:44 PM
Congratulations to Crystal and her new family - hope mother and puppies are doing well. :rah: They look gorgeous - don't we all love puppies :eek: Makes me broody :eek: :eek: Can't wait for more photos!

Kelly
29th June 2007, 02:05 PM
Oh wow! How beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Holly
29th June 2007, 03:01 PM
Congratulations! Makes me wish I could have another... :)

Justine
29th June 2007, 03:26 PM
well done crystal,hope shes ok.jus.

Caraline
29th June 2007, 03:52 PM
:rah: Oh congratulations! :rah:

It looks like a lusty, healthy litter there too.

Scouty girl
29th June 2007, 05:21 PM
The mother and puppies are so beautiful. Congrats!!! Can't wait to see their progress over the next few weeks.

Jen
29th June 2007, 06:14 PM
Oh how fun!!! Congrats! :rah:

enchantingdragon
29th June 2007, 08:51 PM
:rah: CONGRATS :rah: They look beautiful! :D

Furry_Monster
29th June 2007, 09:44 PM
They are very beautiful!
Well done to mummy crystal!
You must be proud :D

jld
29th June 2007, 11:45 PM
How EXCITING.....Can't wait to see more pictures. Keep em' coming. Crystal looks like a wonderful mom, and her babies are precious.

Yaron
29th June 2007, 11:59 PM
Congratulations Cathryn, good job and well done!!!

Makes everyone here so happy to see those pictures.

Mazal - Tov!

*Pauline*
30th June 2007, 01:03 AM
Well if they are as pretty as mum, you can't go wrong. Are you going to name them after gem stones like mum? (is Crystal a gem stone?) I get all emotional at any kind of birth be it animals or humans!

Bruce H
30th June 2007, 01:30 AM
:lol: Sleep?? What's that? :lol:

Currently I think I have had about 7 hours in the last 96!! OH isn't working tonight, guess who's getting puppy duty tonight?? icon_whistling

I guess I kind of knew the answer to that :) . Good for you, putting OH to work. Hope you get some good sleep tonight.

Many times when we have a litter, the person whose turn it is to sleep will sleep in the spare bedroom. Even though it's my turn to sleep, I still wake up every time the puppies squeak if I'm in the bedroom.

Cathy T
30th June 2007, 02:28 AM
Congratulations Cathryn...and what a story. Love the little bonus baby!!

Cathy Moon
30th June 2007, 05:31 AM
Wow, Crystal and her babies are beautiful! Congratulations!
I hope you'll be well rested tomorrow morning after a good night's sleep!:xfngr:

Cathryn
30th June 2007, 12:05 PM
Hello All!

OH ended up sleeping with our eldest son Jared who is not very well last night, nothing serious just a viral infection. So I somehow ended up with youngest daughter Caitlin in my bed with me, and eldest daughter Josie camped out on the floor beside the whelping box! :lol: icon_nwunsure

Anyway we had a good night, Josie helped out until about midnight. No school in the morning, plus she adores helping out, until she get's pee'd or pooped on :lol:

As for names, Hmm a little early just yet, I have a sort of Dream Theme, however all of the girls from Crystal's Mum Rosie have had the word Rose in their name, E.G
Rosie is "Rambling Rose" and in her first litter there was one girl who was registered as "Liberty Rose" (call name Susie) in Rosie's second litter 2 girls, "Megan Rose" (call name Meg) and of course "Natasha Rose" (call name Tasha) in her third and final litter was "Crystal Rose" (Crystal) and "Isabella Rose" (Bella)
So I am thinking of combining the precious stones and the roses, I.E "Opal Rose" or "Sapphire Rose"...........

The boys names, Hmm If you look at Logan in my avatar, he is Crystal's Dad, his registered name is "Daydream Believer" because I always had a dream that I could breed my own Crufts Qualifier, he was well named as he is now Qualified for life! :D Add to this the fact that I had the horrific experience of not 1 but 3 aborted litters last year, :cry*ing: so this has been my first "normal" pregnancy/whelping in a while, I actually said to my friend the other day that I didn't "Dare to Dream" about the pups just yet!
So I think one of the boys will be called "Dare To Dream" :D

As I cannot be one of these who just calls the pups "Puppy" until their new owners choose their names for them, all my pups very quickly get nicknames, some of them are kept by new owners and some aren't! So right now we have,
First girl born, who was screaming to be put on a teat is "Sassy", small boy is "Tim", boy with nice spot was "single" (as in one spot) but is now "Sid" although that will most likely change" Boy with 2 spots was called "Double" is now "Benji" and little miss surprise is now called "Bea"!!
They are all doing well, and Crystal is doing fine too, we are still at the "forcible eviction" stage with her, she does not want to leave them at all!

I will try and get some pics of them over the week-end and post them up for you all to see!

Sorry this has been a bit long! icon_blshing

PamH
30th June 2007, 01:00 PM
congratulations! What a house full.
Pam

Lindsay
30th June 2007, 01:51 PM
Ooooooooooh I just love the little bitty babies! Congrats! And I love your ideas on your official names. Please keep us posted on all their milestones! :D :D :D

sarahg
30th June 2007, 02:48 PM
Congratulations Cathryn they are all gorgeous. Well done Crystal :rah: :rah:

OhMarley
1st July 2007, 12:01 PM
Wow arn't they all beautiful. Mum looks very proud of herself and so she should be! :D
I'm looking forward to seeing more photos as they grow :)

Nicki
1st July 2007, 08:54 PM
Congratulations Crystal and Cathryn, lovely to see Mum and pups so happy together. Glad they are all doing well - it was lovely to hear them squeaking on the 'phone!!

sallymum
1st July 2007, 11:16 PM
Congrats, they r all beautiful glad there all doing well.

Yaron
2nd July 2007, 12:33 PM
Cathryn,

I just can't wait for many more pictures of this beautiful family. PLEEEEEEEEEZZZZZ

:thnku:
:jmp2:

Cleo's Person
2nd July 2007, 03:41 PM
Congratulations Cathryn and Crystal of course! The pups look gorgeous! Can't wait for the next update.

Joan bamborough
2nd July 2007, 04:05 PM
Congratulations and sincere best wishes to mam Crystal and Grandma Cathryn, they look sooooo adorable, look forward to seeing future pics, hope the sleepless nights dont go on for too long, still every minute is precious, WELL DONE!!!! Crsystal XXXXXX

GudrunTheRed
2nd July 2007, 05:29 PM
Congratulations! Mom and the pups all look so healthy and happy. Can't wait to see more photos as they grow and mature.

niamhx
2nd July 2007, 05:36 PM
There all gorgeous :D I cant wait to see them in a cuple of weeks

Well done mum

*Jenný*
2nd July 2007, 06:43 PM
Congratulations to you and the proud mom! :D Beutiful puppies, like mother, like pups : P

Cathryn
2nd July 2007, 07:22 PM
:updte:

Oh OK!! But only the one pic as it is the only one I have right now, I forgot to charge up the spare batteries for the camera and now have 2 dead sets of batteries! :sl*p:

So here is a pic I took yesterday just before everything rolled over and died camera wise!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/Morepups002.jpg

Pups now have their "nicknames" too! They are from left to right
:lotsaluv: "Sassy" (B) "Morgan" (D) "Diamond" (B) "Teddy" (D) "Taylor" (D) :lotsaluv:

Enjoy! Will post more :snap: once I have resusitated the camera! :lol:

Oh, just a last minute thought, Yesterday (Sun July 1st) was their actual due date!!

Harry & Heidi's mom
2nd July 2007, 07:53 PM
awww look at mom's smile!!!!

Nicki
2nd July 2007, 11:39 PM
Goodness you can see how much they've grown already!!

Crystal looks very happy there...hope she's enjoying being a Mummy.

Teddy says that his namesake is lovely - and good to see him feeding well...obviously didn't get that from MY Teddy LOL

Charleen
2nd July 2007, 11:41 PM
Crystal looks like a happy, proud mom.

Sue.k
4th July 2007, 01:35 PM
They look great, mummy looks very happy. Look at Teddy, he looks like he is kicking Taylor in the back ;)

Emma n Renco
4th July 2007, 06:59 PM
Congratulations!!! All those lovely healthy puppies! Looking forward to more photos of them over the coming weeks... Well Done Crystal ! !

matties mum
4th July 2007, 07:08 PM
Beautiful Mother and puppys
-----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

sannie
4th July 2007, 08:16 PM
CONGRATS!!:rah::rah::rah::rah::rah:

Loved reading the story - very happy to hear it all went well, beautiful family - WELL DONE!

gocamping
4th July 2007, 08:24 PM
Beautiful work everyone! I love the formal names you have picked out. Glad everything is fine for all!

blue_star
4th July 2007, 10:31 PM
Congratulations they all look beautiful!

Crittercall
6th July 2007, 05:37 AM
How can you stand it, Cathryn? I'd be right down there with her with my tail wagging!

She's beautiful, as are the puppies. I'm very glad that all went well for everyone involved.

Holly
10th July 2007, 06:33 PM
Cathryn, can you post more pics of the babies and Mom? Please??! :)

effie
10th July 2007, 06:45 PM
Congratulations..they are gorgeous! now i would like another one..oooo ;)

*Pauline*
10th July 2007, 06:58 PM
I like the one with his back legs pressed on another pups back and the lightly marked one in the middle. I LOVE Blenheims.

:luv: :lotsaluv: :l*v: :luv: :lotsaluv: :l*v:

Cathryn
10th July 2007, 09:23 PM
Hi All!!

Well if you can wait another day or 2 they are opening their eye's right now, Sassy and Taylor have theirs almost fully open, Diamonds are open a crack but Teddy and Morgan (typical boys!!) are being lazy about it! Can you believe they are 2 weeks old tomorrow? (Wednesday)

Be patient, once their eyes are all open I will get busy :snap: :snap: I Promise!! :lotsaluv:

Karlin
10th July 2007, 11:53 PM
Oh they have grown! Their little puppy legs are so cute, all streched out at the milk bar. :luv: It will be fun to get some pics where we can start to get a sense of each puppy.

Caraline
11th July 2007, 12:59 AM
Oh that photo is just so gorgeous. Mum has a wonderful grin on her face and she looks like the picture of health & happiness.... so do the puppies. :lotsaluv:

Cathryn
11th July 2007, 04:06 PM
Hello!

Well the little guys and gals are 2 weeks old today, they almost all have their eye's open to varying degree's, will post individual pics when they all have their eye's fully open. In the meantime I found them all crashed out together like this this morning Awww Bless!! :lotsaluv:

From L-R we have Taylor, Morgan, Sassy, Diamond and Teddy!!

Mind you they have all fallen out with me now, they had their first taste of wormer today, Mum as well to her utter disgust!! :grnyuk: have all gained roughly a pound in weight in the last 2 weeks, I don't weigh them all the time, you can soon see if they are falling behind, I like a nice steady gain and they are doing just fine by my standards!!:luv:

Anyway, enjoy their 2 week old birthday pic!! :lotsaluv:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s17/Cathryn_017/Crystalspups2weeksold003.jpg

Holly
11th July 2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks, Cathryn-- I got my "puppy fix"!! They are absolutely gorgeous! I so want another.... :)

Sandrac
11th July 2007, 05:25 PM
Oh they are gorgeous!

*Pauline*
11th July 2007, 05:36 PM
That little white on the ear is going to be cute on Taylor and Teddy is going to be a little beauty. Can't wait for their close-ups! Sassy looks quite "sassy" with that nice fat bottom!

brid kenny
11th July 2007, 05:42 PM
That sure is a puppy fix alright.

matties mum
11th July 2007, 05:50 PM
I just had to have a look oh they are so gorgeous
----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney----Sam)

danalynn
11th July 2007, 05:54 PM
They are SOOOO cute!!! I love little Teddy's double blenheim spot!

*Pauline*
11th July 2007, 05:56 PM
I just showed my son Ash, who is totally sick of me calling him to the study to look at pictures of Cavaliers, but he loved that picture and remarked on her nice belly full of milk! She does look very content and quite recovered from the labour. Give her a snuggle from me, what a sweet mum.

Karlin
11th July 2007, 07:11 PM
That sure is a puppy fix alright.

:lol: Agree completely. Love that half white ear. They are so fat and content!

Bruce H
11th July 2007, 07:19 PM
Those pups look so cute and incredibly healthy. I just love the little Budda tummies, a sure sign of a happy puppy. They've gained a pound in 2 weeks?! That's a lot, you may have to put them on a diet :D :D

Harry & Heidi's mom
11th July 2007, 07:38 PM
they are sooooooooooooo cute!

Denise G.
11th July 2007, 08:40 PM
Oh, they're beautiful and SO healthy looking. They're livin' the life right now--full tummies and taking a snooze. You're dong an awesome job with them Cathryn!! And Crystal is such a good mommie--bless her heart!

The only thing wrong with a puppy fix is it makes me want another puppy! :luv:

Justine
11th July 2007, 08:45 PM
Wow,mum looks great.hope all ok.