• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We've had a "delivery"!!

Cathryn

Hello there!

Well I have been keeping hush about this for a couple of days, but I had a very special delivery on Wednesday Night!! Before I launch off about it I would like to Thank Karlin, Bruce and Nicki for all keeping hush about this too and Thanks for your emotional support through that evening :flwr:

Crystal was due on July 1st, none of my girls has ever made it to her due date and Crystal wasn't about to alter that record for me either. On Monday I had a whole night of her being very restless and missing her Mom, Rosie and Sister Bella whom she usually sleeps with. Tuesday night was even worse, we had a whole night of very active bedmaking and loud panting! Here is Crystal in her nest looking very proud of herself! :lotsaluv:

KidsMums2B002.jpg

I had my first positive sign that things were progressing when miss chowhound refused her tea! Then finally at 5:05p.m on Wednesday 27 June Crystal's first puppy burst into the world!! A little girl!! Followed very closely half an hour later by a little boy!! 2 more boys were born over the next couple of hours all very good weights, girl was 7 Ounces (sorry don't do metric!) first boy was 6 Ounces and the other 2 boys were both 8 Ounces. Crystals scan had shown 4 possibly 5 pups, but that is not a reliable way of knowing how many pups there are. So I had a good feel of her tummy and thinking she had finished put her outside to toilet (OH was with her just in case!) whilst I got rid of the newspaper and put down a nice warm fleece bed instead, Crystal came back up and settled down with her babies, very proud she was too! She had held back an afterbirth however and I was watching for her to pass it so you can imagine how embarrased and shocked I was when at 1:45 a.m instead of passing the a/b I was waiting for she delivered another little girl weighing a very healthy 8 Ounces!! icon_blshing I have no idea where she was hiding that one! But this is not the first time I have been caught out and I daresay it won't be the last :lol:

So here you go folks, here is Crystal with her 3 sons and 2 daughters!

Crystalpups002.jpg

And another one, will post better views as they get older, I don't like to disturb first time mum's too much just after whelping! Little surprise girl is the one on the extreme right!

Crystalpups004.jpg

Crystal has taken to motherhood like a duck to water, excuse messy back legs BTW Pups are nice and pink and warm and best of all quiet, unless they get knocked off a teat that is!!

Enjoy!!

Great looking pups! So glad to see them. No need to be embarrassed about an unexpected one. Every breeder I know, myself included, has a Bonus Baby once in a while. The ultrasounds a a good guide, but definately not totally accurate. Besides, I think the Mom's surprise us once in a while just to let us know who's really in charge :D .

So are you getting any sleep yet?

:rah: :rah: They are all so sweet :) but the last little one I predict will be a little spitfire... :lol:

:pi*no: Oh my god they are gorgeous, cant wait to see close ups of them. Congratulations :rah:

Congratulations to Crystal and her new family - hope mother and puppies are doing well. :rah: They look gorgeous - don't we all love puppies :eek: Makes me broody :eek: :eek: Can't wait for more photos!

The mother and puppies are so beautiful. Congrats!!! Can't wait to see their progress over the next few weeks.

How EXCITING.....Can't wait to see more pictures. Keep em' coming. Crystal looks like a wonderful mom, and her babies are precious.

Congratulations Cathryn, good job and well done!!!

Makes everyone here so happy to see those pictures.

Mazal - Tov!

Back