PDA

View Full Version : Jordi's tummy

noa_mills
29th June 2007, 02:31 PM
Hello all,

:eek: alert!

I got a bit of a fright yesterday. Jordi ate his dinner as normal, that is, he wolfed it down. Then we were playing on the sofa and he threw it up :( I had to take him away from the room because he wanted to eat it back :o

Then he threw again a few minutes later ... He slept all night and this morning he seemed fine, but I'm a bit concerned. I've noticed he plays with the cat's litter tray, maybe he ate a bit of sand? :eek:

Anyway, I was just wondering, is it normal for puppies to throw up or should I be concerned? He's such a tiny thing, I'm worried about him.

Holly
29th June 2007, 02:44 PM
Maybe his food didnt have a chance to "settle" if he ate fast and then was playing right after?

Caraline
29th June 2007, 02:50 PM
I don't think the occasional throw up is anything to get too worried about, especially if he is inclined to hog his meals down really fast. Errr, yes, they tend to re-eat it again too. If he is a real chow-hound you might like to give him his meals in little portions, or if he eats kibble you could put it in a treat ball and make him work for it.

It is throws up on a regular basis, it probably isn't a bad idea to get the vet to check him over.

Cathy T
30th June 2007, 01:44 AM
I usually don't let mine rough house for about an hour after eating. Shelby is my ulper (she upchucks her food and then tries to gulp it back down) :confused: .

Karlin
30th June 2007, 02:09 AM
The rule in my house is: if someone brings up their food, they are very welcome to eat it right back down again... :shock: :*gh:

The dogs have also learned the sound of a cat getting sick (they sometimes eat grass, as cats are prone to) and all three will rush to wait and see if there will be anything rewarding. :grnyuk:

Eating regurgitated food is a norm for lots of animal youngsters and doesn't really bother me at all. :lol:

Regarding Jordi, I'd just try to have him eat a bit more slowly perhaps, and not to play hard right after a meal. I doubt it is anything to worry about.

noa_mills
30th June 2007, 07:28 PM
Thank you all. He has been OK all day. He had his dinner a while ago and he kept it down. I have started feeding him in little doses, seems to agree with him:xfngr: