• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Snake Boy

Charleen

Well Jolly had a dead 6 inch snake dangling from his mouth this morning. :yikes
Every time I called him, he ran away from me. I am afraid he ate it. I have been looking all over the yard for it and if it was still there, he'd keep running back to it to look at his trophy. And he isn't running back to where he left it, because it is in in tummy. :yuk: Last year Merry ate a dead mouse with no detrimental effect, so I think he will be OK. He ate it about 6 hours ago and he has had no sickness. Dogs can be so gross.

My normal nickname for Jolly is either Jolly Boy or Baby, but today his new nickname is Snake Boy. :paw:

Oh that is GROSS !!!!! Dixie eats anything and everything she can find outside..... so far, no ill effects. But, a snake that is the worst.

Ewwwwwww!!:grnyuk: I hope that he suffers from no ill effects from this, the naughty lad!! Any idea what sort of snake it was or wouldn't he let you get near enough to see??

I am assuming it was a garter snake. I can't remember if it was black, brown or green or some combination of those colors. No, he wouldn't let me get close enough to get a good look, because he kept moving. :razz:

Australia has some of the worlds most deadly snakes and we have always been taught not to let the dog eat the head of a venemous snake. I am not sure if that is urban myth, but I'd probably just give the vet a ring and ask if they think you have anything to worry about. You probably don't, but it never hurts to play on the safe side.

Aw Yuk Yuk Yuk - Harvey's favourite at the moment is rabbit poo.. but yuk - a snake eek!! How can something so cute be sooo gross :)

Charleen, how is he doing? That is something I haven't come across my dogs eating yet (that I know of!) Baby garter snakes seem small and harmless, I've held one in my hand.

'Snake Boy' sounds like an appropriate nickname for little Jolly, and a name he has earned!:cool:

Back