PDA

View Full Version : When to switch to adult food

Yaron
1st July 2007, 07:20 PM
I have been feeding Paddy recently with Royal canin mini - Junior. She is now 15 moths old. When should I switch her to the mini - adult food?

I'd Love to hear you thoughts about it.

Thanks,
Yaron.

Karlin
1st July 2007, 08:09 PM
Usually at 6 months to a year! So she should be on adult now. :) Some of us never feed puppy food at all -- some breeders feel it isn't necessary. I never fed anything but adult food myself. It should say on the RC package when to start feeding -- I think it says for dogs 12 months+ but can't remember.

Cathryn
1st July 2007, 09:35 PM
Hi!

I feed RC too and the adult feed is 10 months + so switch her when you feel ready, ironically my young 5 month old lad Darcy has never had the junior version of this feed he refused it totally yet is more than happy to wolf down the adult version, I think he prefers the slightly larger size kibble, hasn't done him any harm either, cracking body!! ;)

sallymum
1st July 2007, 10:24 PM
Yeah checked the RC feeding booklet i have and it says 10 month+

Yaron
2nd July 2007, 11:17 AM
I now that the package says 10 months. However, I was adivsed by a dog breeder to keep her for longer on the Junior. I thought to ask for others opinion.

thanx
Yaron.

Jen
2nd July 2007, 03:10 PM
I think she's fine to switch, as many don't even feed puppy food at all. I never did, they were on adult food from the start.

Bruce H
2nd July 2007, 06:18 PM
I hate going against what your breeder says, but I have to agree, it's time for adult food.