PDA

View Full Version : Transporting multiple dogs

Nicki
1st July 2007, 09:08 PM
I know we've had lots of posts about transporting dogs in the car..but I wanted to ask if anyone has experience of the FERPLAST ATLAS CAR MAXI?

Pictured here:

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/atlascarmaxi.html

This is the best price I've found for it, but I'm concerned about whether there is enough ventilation and how well built it is - I've heard rumours that the smaller ones used for transporting dogs by air have burst open under pressure from the dog - they're not that well made.

Our other alternative is to have a metal cage built for the car by a company such as Barjo, but this is very expensive :(

We need to transport 5 Cavaliers, but two are quite big and three have Syringomyelia, so need a little extra space and plenty of ventilation.

Thanks in advance

Karlin
1st July 2007, 09:11 PM
Tara posted on these in Shopaholics as they are now carrying them at Dogtrainingireland.ie. I saw them -- they are really, really nice. I think there's plenty of ventilation and wouldn't hesitate to get one.

Nicki
1st July 2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks Karlin - I did a search and didn't find them D'OH!

Karlin
1st July 2007, 09:53 PM
I don't know about the small size as I didn't see it. Why don't you PM TKC (Tara) as I'm sure she'd give an opinion of the sizes and strength of them? They looked pretty sturdy to me. However I don't know how they'd fare in an impact.

Nicki
1st July 2007, 11:29 PM
Thanks Karlin I will - I was going to ask her if she'd check some measurements for me too!!