• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Transporting multiple dogs

Nicki

I know we've had lots of posts about transporting dogs in the car..but I wanted to ask if anyone has experience of the FERPLAST ATLAS CAR MAXI?

Pictured here:

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/atlascarmaxi.html

This is the best price I've found for it, but I'm concerned about whether there is enough ventilation and how well built it is - I've heard rumours that the smaller ones used for transporting dogs by air have burst open under pressure from the dog - they're not that well made.

Our other alternative is to have a metal cage built for the car by a company such as Barjo, but this is very expensive :(

We need to transport 5 Cavaliers, but two are quite big and three have Syringomyelia, so need a little extra space and plenty of ventilation.

Thanks in advance

Tara posted on these in Shopaholics as they are now carrying them at Dogtrainingireland.ie. I saw them -- they are really, really nice. I think there's plenty of ventilation and wouldn't hesitate to get one.

I don't know about the small size as I didn't see it. Why don't you PM TKC (Tara) as I'm sure she'd give an opinion of the sizes and strength of them? They looked pretty sturdy to me. However I don't know how they'd fare in an impact.

Thanks Karlin I will - I was going to ask her if she'd check some measurements for me too!!

Back