• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sonny is sick

Caraline

I woke up to the sound of Sonny gagging & vomiting and it was quite clear he was not himself. Poor little man jumped up on my bed & did the biggest vomit I could image a little dog could do. I thought his gums looked pale too. Somehow I just knew this was not just a little dog having a chuck, something was wrong. So we dashed around to the vet with him. The vet thinks he may have had a paralysis tick on him. They kill many hundreds of dogs along the east coast of Australia every year. We Frontline him every fortnight, which I know horrifies many people in the Northern Hemisphere, but it is what we have to do here in Australia. Our paralysis tick is present all year round. The vet could not find a tick on him but has kept him there under observation, and for continued searches & possible antivenom it he deteriorates. It is possible the Frontline killed the tick & it has dropped off, but unfortunately with the Aus Paralysis Tick, this does not guarantee that the dog will get better unaided.

We will drop in to the vets on the way home from work today, in the hopes that he is ok to come home.

This is the first day that Sam (the Boxer) and Beau will be on their own... in their entire lives. Poor Sam no longer has Scarlett & Beau is without Sonny. Because of the size difference, I am not game to leave Beau & Sam alone in the same area. They adore each other and Sam would never intentionally hurt Beau (or anything for that matter), but the size discrepancy just worries me.

Thank you for listening.

:(

Last edited:
When it rains, it pours... Hopefully Sonny will soon be feeling better and brighter days are around the corner. I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. Oliver and I are thinking of you! :)

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for Sonny. I am so sorry all this is going on. Please let us know as soon as you know anything about Sonny.

We are sending our best wishes for a speedy recovery for Sonny! We hope to hear from you soon that he is well again.

Jeez honey, I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this at once. Please keep us posted with any news you may receive. I have my fingers crossed and am sending you international good thoughts...

I hope he will be ok, I am thinking of you, let us know as soon as you have any word :xfngr:

OH Caraline I'm really sorry to hear this - so scary for you. I remember seeing a bit about these ticks on a television program.

You have done the right thing getting Sonny straight to the vets - they will give him the best possible treatment.

Such a horrid time for you at the moment - I'm sure Beau and Sam will understand, they will be a little disorientated but you are doing the best possible for everyone.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers for darling Sonny, and big hugs for you.

Oh Caraline!! :hug:

I am so very sorry to hear that Sonny is sick, sending super speedy Get Well wishes to him, a big Kiss and a huge, but very gentle :hug: :hug: for you all!! Hope to hear good news very soon :xfngr:

I hope Sonny is okay. What a dreadful week for you all.

Let us know how he gets on x

:xfngr::xfngr::paw::paw::paw:Fingers and paws are crossed for little Sonny. And hugs for you :hug: Caraline. So sorry this is happening to you. I hope the vet calls with good news today!

How scary Caraline. Please let us know how he's doing as soon as you hear. I'll be thinking of you all day.

I hope Sonny is feeling better today! Hugs and hope to you and Sonny from Me, Mia and Wrigs... Please keep us posted as to his progress.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Caraline,

I so sorry that Sonny isn't well at the moment. Hope you get good news from the vet.

Back