• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Firecrackers!

Cathy Moon

How are all the US cavaliers holding up with the July firecrackers?

Geordie has been barking at all the loud ones, India doesn't mind, and Chocolate isn't as scared as I thought she'd be. I'm getting ready to close the windows and turn on the air conditioning to get a little peace and quiet though!

We have an obnoxious neighbor who's 12 year old has been throwing firecrackers and bottle rockets for weeks now. He tried to set the woods on fire a couple of years ago. He drives his motorcycle, atv and snowmobile on our property. The dogs are getting used to all the noise (thank goodness).:rah:

Teddy never even notices but Katy??? We will start the herbal calming meds shortly.....;)

We just shut the windows and turned the air on. We'll settle in with a movie to drowned out the sound even more, but forget about Abbey going out to go the bathroom any time soon. She won't budge, she gets very clingy. We try to ignore her and just act normal around her. Gus acts startled when he hears one, but then he goes back to whatever he was doing. Personally, I am not fan of fireworks; it's usually kids that are way too young or adults that are way to drunk to have them. Just my opinion.;)

Well I still have a headache from 3 days ago when they started around our house. Sabrina barks her head off at the whistling ones and runs from one end of the house to the other trying to find them. Once she starts barking then it scares the cats and all you see is flashes going by you because the cats can't seem to get to the basement fast enough.

Mia barked a little (as best she can) and came and sat with me for a while. Didn't really seem to bother her too much, though. They weren't really too loud, though we had three different fireworks displays in my immediate area. I had quite a little show from my backyard--ha!

Tilly could care less, Izzy barks them out of the sky and then turns and looks at me like "Did you see what I did? I showed that thing who's boss!"

Then there's Spencer...all potty training goes out the door this time of year. He is so scared he won't stay out on his own, on a leash, nothing. So I have been on poo pickup duty for a couple of days now. :sl*p:

Back