• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barking Pomeranians

Lynn

We live next to two pomeranians that bark constantly when their owners are not home....and sometimes constantly when the neighbors are home. They are put into a bathroom with an open window that faces our yard....and other neighbors' houses. (the houses on this block are VERY close together)

Today I was out in our yard working in a garden, when a neighbor (diagonal to us) stopped to talk with me. He asked if we could stop our dogs from barking constantly. He said they bark non-stop and it was very annoying. I was shocked because although our dogs were barking at that moment because a stranger was standing at the foot of our driveway, (and I told them to stop and they did immediately.... ) Normally they don't bark much and when they do, we have them stop...they almost never bark more than 10-15 seconds before they are told to stop. As I listened in shock my husband came out of the garage and spoke up...he said...'I think you are mistaken. It's the people beyond us with the dogs that never stop barking' and just then those poms started in. The complaining neighbor heard them and knew he had the wrong house. He said he was sorry and said he'd go speak to the people with the Poms.

I have been extremely annoyed all day about this neighbor who accused us of having the non-stop barking dogs. Shouldn't someone be SURE of their facts before they accuse someone else??? (btw---the complainer is a retired teacher!!!) Plus.....our two cavs' barks do NOT sound like the pomeranians next door...just like our Cavs bark does not sound like the Lab across the street. Different tones & sounds.

My hubby and I work VERY hard at keeping the dogs quiet in this tightly packed neighborhood but find it challenging because there are dogs everywhere. In the 4 houses across the street from us and the three on either side of us there are a total of 12 dogs...when one starts barking, they all seem to join in. Plus, this is a street that has a lot of walkers on it, so the dogs are always barking at someone walking by. This complaining neighbor said that he couldn't stand listening to dogs barking, that is why he just owns cats. My thought.....if you can't stand dogs barking WHY move into such a tightly packed neighborhood????? (he just moved here 2 years ago)

He must have spoken to the Poms' owners...because it has been very quiet all afternoon. But I am still upset that he accused us without knowing his facts. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what is wrong with people?

At least he came to you and didn't just call the police to complain about the wrong house. That would have been worse.

I agree with Sandy. It would have been worst if the police came to the door. I had that happen before and I didn't even have a dog at that time.

I've got to be the devil's advocate and say that I think your neighbour behaved in a very reasonable manner. It can be very difficult to pin point exactly where the barking comes from. He approached you & then apologised for his mistake. He sounds like a nice man. :flwr:

Nowadays there are actually people who would try to poison a dog to stop its barking! I would say he handled the problem in a civilized manner.

we have an alsation that is so loud,he is left uot all the time come rain or sun.it drives me crazy,sometimes you cant even hear youself speak.i have noticed the neighbours hanging out of there windows at the back shouting at it to stop.i dont know why or how they could let it happen the fella that owns him has had complaints but he doesnt care,he will soon because his wife is due a baby,perhaps if it wakes the baby he will sort it out.or he will leave the dog out more.

Back