• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Unusually tired

Jessieca

Hi all! I am a bit concerned, but probably shouldn't be - I hope! Bailey has been unusually sleepy lately. It has been much hotter than normal these past few days, and it is his first summer, so my boyfriend thinks that is why. It's been around 85-90 degrees, which is very hot for our area. He is eating and drinking as normal. I have been trying to keep the room cool, and giving him ice cubes, which he seems to enjoy. He does play when we take him out. It's basically that whenever we aren't playing with him, he seems to be sleeping, and in the past, he often would run around and entertain himself by playing with toys when we were busy. Is it possible he is just especially sleepy because of the heat? I know *I* have been very sleepy because of it - haha! Unfortunately our AC is in our bedroom only, and he seems to hate the cold more than the heat. We've had it on at night, and he keeps coming out to the living room to sleep where it is warmer this past week, or he will dig deep, and sleep under the blankets by us. We do have fans on in the living room to try and help with the heat out here. He mainly just lays down near it, and sleeps.

Anyway, does this sound normal, or should we take him to the vet?

Thanks!

As they get older they do tend to play a little less, and if the weather is as hot as you say that would also tend to make Bailey a bit lethargic too, I know I don't feel like bombing around at full speed when it is very hot :lol:
You say he is eating and drinking just fine? I assume his "toilets" are also normal? Personnally I wouldn't worry too much and put it down to the heat, but if you are really concerned then nip him into the vets for a once over if for no other reason than to put your mind at rest!!

Can I swap a day of rain for a day of your sunshine by the way?? ;) :lol:

As they get older they do tend to play a little less, and if the weather is as hot as you say that would also tend to make Bailey a bit lethargic too, I know I don't feel like bombing around at full speed when it is very hot :lol:
You say he is eating and drinking just fine? I assume his "toilets" are also normal? Personnally I wouldn't worry too much and put it down to the heat, but if you are really concerned then nip him into the vets for a once over if for no other reason than to put your mind at rest!!

Can I swap a day of rain for a day of your sunshine by the way?? ;) :lol:

Hahah yeah, I wouldn't mind a day of rain. His "toilets" seem pretty normal too. It's supposed to be cooler this weekend, so I think we are going to see how it goes this weekend, and if he still seems more tired than normal, I think we will bring him in. Thanks :)

If he is eating, drinking & pooing normally, I would be thinking that it is just the heat getting to him a bit. And like Cathryn said, they do slow down a bit as they get older. How is he if you take him outside very early in the morning or in the evening when it is cooler? He he seems more lively then, then I'd be very confident it is just the heat.

Back