PDA

View Full Version : Gorgeous Dancing Cavalier Linocut print I bought on Etsy

GudrunTheRed
6th July 2007, 02:55 PM
I'm always looking for classy Cavalier art and I recently bought this Dancing Cavalier linocut from a very talented artist in Wake, Virginia (which is about 1.5 hours East of Richmond where I live):
http://images.etsy.com/all_images/b/b5f/984/il_155x125.9214440.jpg
Here is her Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5097050&order=&section_id=&page=1

She has recently printed some more and I wanted to tell you all about it so you can go and get one for yourself! She is a HUGE dog lover and has a several Whippets and a bunch of other animals. As you can see from her prints, she is very partial to Whippets but she loves Cavaliers (and sheep, chickens and goats!) and emailed me to tell me she is going to do some new Cavalier linocuts this summer.

She is a wonderful artist and the way she makes her prints is very low-tech and very wonderful. I also love the fact that she uses handmade paper from Nepal. FYI, the paper in the above image looks much more orange than it really is. My print is more of a normal beige/tan parchment color and the ink is a lovely deep eggplant color.

Anyway...I just love my print and I wanted all of you to know about this artist and her gorgeous work. Check out her site and get a Cavalier print while you're at it. They're a steal at $28 considering each one is handmade. Many Etsy artists sell prints of their originals (the original is scanned in on the computer and high-quality prints are printed on photo-quality paper) but what you get from Annie is a hand-printed linocut printed from the original plate. I have bought quite a bit of art from Etsy and I love supporting all the small-scale artists/artisans.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy her art as much as I do.

Nicki
6th July 2007, 03:25 PM
This is lovely - she has some beautiful items on her site, I think she is very talented. Thank you for sharing the link.