PDA

View Full Version : Great new chew

danalynn
7th July 2007, 05:17 PM
I found a new organic sweet potato chew at the Portland Saturday market.
It is hard like a bone so my boys gnaw on it, but totally digestible.
They are big chewers and these take a while to get through.

If you are interested they have a website at
http://www.snookdog.com/merchant.ihtml?id=5&step=2

We got both the medium size chews and the chips (the chips include smaller pieces inside as well as the big chews).
Colin and Teddy LOVE them.

moniechris
7th July 2007, 06:42 PM
Those look great!! I think my boys would be more interested in eating the hemp though...I have to be really careful or all of my hemp necklaces are lunch!! :lol:

danalynn
7th July 2007, 08:01 PM
Those look great!! I think my boys would be more interested in eating the hemp though...I have to be really careful or all of my hemp necklaces are lunch!! :lol:

I just take undo one end of the hemp and give them one at a time! My boys are the same way :)

Charleen
7th July 2007, 08:51 PM
I just placed an order. Thanks for the tip! I need something that they can chew for a long time. I can't wait to see the dogs try them. I leave on vacation on July 20th and my parents are watching 4 dogs and 2 cats. I am hoping this chew will keep my dogs busy, so my parents can get some rest time. :xfngr:

Cathy Moon
7th July 2007, 11:03 PM
Wow, the chews look very good. That's a great idea to take the chews off the cord to give them. The hemp cord would be very dangerous to give to a dog!

Cathryn
7th July 2007, 11:08 PM
They look really good! Wonder if they would ship to the UK??

Nicki
8th July 2007, 12:14 PM
UHOH Darcy's going to be doing some more Internet shopping is he Cathryn? LOL

let us know if they will ship please!!

danalynn
8th July 2007, 05:11 PM
[quote]They look really good! Wonder if they would ship to the UK??
I sent them a message from the Contact Us link at the bottom of their home page and asked about shipping and this was their reply:
'Yes we can. Let me know the shipping info and what she would like and i will figure out the best least expensive way to ship.
Thank you
Patrice Snook'

I will reply back to him that you will send them a message with what you would like to order and where you live using the Contact Us link (at the bottom of page where you choose what you want). I'm assuming after he replies with how much it is, you can process your order like any other. I looked at the order form and there is a place for country and special instructions.

I'm going to stop by the market next weekend to get some more. I think I may try the large this time to last even longer. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

Cathryn
8th July 2007, 07:41 PM
Oh that's great! Will wander back that way later!!
Darcy!! Put the purse back in my handbag! I said Put the purse back!! Darcy! Uh-Oh!! No! Darcy put the credit card wallet back down, I said put the credit card wallet back down..........ARGH NO!!!!!

To be continued..........................

Charleen
12th July 2007, 02:16 AM
The chips & chews came today AND my dogs love them. I ordered them Saturday and they arrived on the following Wednesday.

Danalynn's description was exactly my experience. The bag of chips has mostly the larger chew size treats, with some smaller chips mixed in. I gave each dog a chew and it really kept them busy for a while. Merry & Pippin must be harder chewers, because their chew lasted 10 minutes, while Luke and Jolly took longer at 20 minutes. Thanks for the great, healthy treat tip!

danalynn
12th July 2007, 06:00 AM
Charleen -
So glad your crew enjoyed them!! :)

Bentley
19th July 2007, 01:18 AM
I found porkhide bones and pig snouts at http://www.BestFoodForYourPet.com. I was a little leary at first (pig snouts? Yeeuucckk!), but they don't include any chemical preservatives or artificial colors/flavors, nor any bad odor (which I feared they might).

The manufacturer claims that porkhide is easy on a dog's digestive system. All I know is my Cav just loves them, and they last longer than other chews I've tried. (I tried giving him C.E.T. dental rawhide chews, but all he would do is lick the flavor off them and leave them all around the house! But he devours the porkhide bones!)