• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bakers day out at the RDS Dublin

deborah

Well we went along to the "Bakers day out" at the RDS in Dublin and it was great to see so many Cavaliers there. It was a great day and they were dogs of every bread big and small. The only complaint I have is on the amount of dog poo that was around the place. It did state on the terms & conditions that Owners must clean up your own dog messes (facilities will be provided on site) well I'm sad to say that this wasn’t the case as no 1 people just let their dog poo and just walked away not a bother to them. It was disgraceful & 2 I didn’t see any where were facilities were provide for dog poo and it seemed the Bakers people didn’t encourage people to clean up either.

Was there anyone from this site there and did you feel this was the case too?

I saw this was going to be on while I was away and it sounded like fun. That's a shame people weren't cleaning up and that also there weren't really facilities provided -- people need bags available and places to put them! It might be worth dropping a line to Bakers (they probably have a freefone number too) and making this point to them?

Sounds like they needed lots of BIG signs to remind people to scoop their dog's poop!

Hi!

What a shame a nice doggy day out was marred by this oversight! As Karlin has said I think you should get in touch with Bakers and point this out to them!!
When I took my dogs out yesterday down the canal towpath there was a man in front of me who's dog did it's business, he whipped out a nappy sack and cleared up after his dog, "Oh good!" I thought, as many others don't, then he went and blotted his copybook by promptly hanging the nappy sack off the nearest branch in the hedge!! :grnyuk: Best of it all was there is a doggy bin only a couple of hundrd yards ahead of where we were, surely it couldn't have damaged his ego that much to carry it to the bin and dispose of it properly!!
I would have called him to task about it but he was like, 6'4" and built like a brick outhouse:eek: So of course I picked up HIS doggy bag and disposed of it for him!! icon_whistling Oh the things I do!! :lol:

We decided not to do this one but we will be at the Pet Expo in the RDS in October with a HUGE stand. I will email the organiser personally now to tell her. Maybe POOH wardens are needed! Volunteers? hahaha :)

Back