• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tilly in Trouble Again!!

Cathryn

Hi All!

I had a phone call from my Dad this morning to tell me that Tilly had had a close call! Apparantly Dad had been in the garden and decided to put some grass cuttings in the compost bin, when he opened the bin he discovered there was a bee's nest in it! :yikes! Dad did the sensible thing and legged it, after he had knocked the bin over first!! He went back a minute or two later with the hosepipe to drown the nest and found all 3 dogs having a sniff around it, Jake and Tasha came back when called but not Tilly, she was having too much fun, next thing he knows she is surrounded by angry bee's:yikes: Dad rushed in and yanked her out, but there were about 6 of them lodged in her ears (Thankfully she has a HUGE coat!) and Dad managed to get them out, happily she has NOT been stung, I told Dad to watch her closely and if at all worried to get her straight to the vets. The nest is now destroyed thankfully, when Tilly next went in the garden where did she head straight for again,YEP! The compost bin!! :lol:

Your poor dad - had a little laugh (sorry) that could have been on You've been Framed!!! - Thank god all of them are okay - noisey little things aren't they.

god thats scarey,i have seen a swarm pass over its amazing.alfs is allways catching the big bumble bees,he hasnt been stung yet.thats strange because about 4 weeks ago we found the start of a nest in the shed,it was amazing to look at but we took no chances,we took it to show ella teacher who is big into nature and he told us we did the right thing taking it down because it was the start of a WASPS NEST.i hate wasps.well after that we went into the shed and there was about 4 wasps looking for it so we shut the window and we keep the door shut now.

oh goodness what a scare Cathryn - poor Tilly does seem to find trouble doesn't she?

:eek: Tilly, glad you are ok. What a scare that was. Tilly, stay away from the bin, away from the bin. Ohhhh, I don't really like bees and wosps personaly.:confused: But again, Tilly glad you are ok.

Tilly - your Adventure Dog! She must think that she has super powers and cannot be hurt by anything. :lol:

Katy chases anything that flies...and I worry about nasty old bees. I think tooo much and I worry about allergic reactions especially in the case of multiple stings.

So happy to hear your aby is okay! Your poor dad had quite a scare!

Nancy
Teddy and sweet, little Katydid;)

Well that was a close call!! Tilly was lucky she wasn't stung. And, in typical Cavalier fashion (at least my two!) she went right back for more.;)

Back