PDA

View Full Version : Tip for the groomer?

Holly
10th July 2007, 03:17 PM
Is it customary to tip the groomer and if so, do you do 20%? Oliver's groomer charges $50.00.

Jen
10th July 2007, 03:23 PM
We do 20%, just as we do our own stylist. We also give her a holiday bonus.

Holly
10th July 2007, 03:50 PM
Thats what I thought and what I ususally do.

I just dropped him off- I felt like such a mean mom leaving him! He was shaking and trying to get me to pick him up. I know---no coddling!

Spencer'sMom
10th July 2007, 04:46 PM
20% for us too. We use a mobile groomer who comes to the house. You should see if you have one in your area who's good. That way Oliver won't have to endure the scariness for too long. Spencer's in and out of the van in about an hour.

Holly
10th July 2007, 08:15 PM
Thats a good idea- I do know of a good one, but I think they are a good bit more expensive. I will look into it!

I just picked Oliver up- we trimmed him just a bit for the summer as his hair was getting wild and crazy! He looks so cute---but its pouring down rain, so he is soaked! Figures!

Jenny37
10th July 2007, 11:03 PM
You all are right on, yes you need to make sure that you tip your groomer!

20% is customary, as they are performing a service for you or should I say for your doggie!

Grooming is a very hard job, but any good groomer will make it look easy:)

Once you find a good groomer, treat him/her like you would your own hair stylist. Arrive on time, make sure you have pottied your dog before arriving and then pick up your doggie promptly.

It will be a win/win situation for everyone!

Geez, do I sound like I am plugging groomers?!

I just can't help it, b/c I am one! :0)

Cathy Moon
10th July 2007, 11:15 PM
Yikes! I need your opinions! The person who grooms my two girl cavs is a personal friend and Chocolate's breeder. She has a grooming and boarding business. She's been grooming my girls for a year now, and I've just been paying her the amount she tells me! Should I be tipping her? :o:o:o And if I should have been tipping her all along, how should I now make it up to her?

Cathryn
10th July 2007, 11:34 PM
Hi!

OK, can't comment on the tipping as we don't do that over here, but if you really wanted to pay her back why not treat her to a meal out?? Just a thought!! :flwr:

Cathy Moon
11th July 2007, 12:08 AM
Whew! You're a life saver, Cathryn! Will do!

Crittercall
11th July 2007, 04:34 AM
We've taken our dogs to the same groomer for at least 8 years and always are generous with tips. She's great with the dogs, they love going to see her. She always tells me if she finds anything is not quite right - an ear infection getting started, who has fleas, and last time she reminded me that I needed to change my Preventic collars. She even told me where to buy them and not pay as much.

She's a valuable member of our family. I started taking Sasha to her shortly after I got her, more to let them get acquainted than because Sasha needed anything done.

I have worked in clinics where they had groomers and it was always so unusual for them to get tips. I think that's just one reason that we always tip Terri.