• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I have a great neighbor

PamH

My husband is in Colorado. Usually he is home with Maddy except for his golf games or the gym. Because he is away I have to go home from work at lunch to let Maddy out. Yesterday my neighbor asked if I was not working that day. I explained I was home for lunch to walk Maddy.
She immediately said that after Maddy's walk I should bring her over to her house for the afternoon.
She has asked a few times to watch Maddy if we go out, but I thought it was just one of those things people say and you don't like to impose.
Her mother died a couple of months ago and she has been really down and she assured me she would find it a treat. So I left Maddy with her. When I went to pick her up she told me to bring her over today when I left for work and not to worry about coming home at lunch. What a nice lady. We have lived here a year and really did not meet her until Maddy came to NH for the summer. She is now searching the internet for breeders.
She did say she wants "one just like Maddy".
She leaves Thursday for Maine where she has a camp. I leave Friday to join my husband in Colorado until Tuesday. I have my daughter's friend staying at our house to watch Maddy. If I didn't have this set up I swear my neighbor would have asked to take her to Maine!
My neighbor's husband just laughs when he sees Maddy. He thinks she is so cute. I guess Maddy is a lucky girl. When I came home tonight she was out with Maddy standing outside our other neighbor's house. They were both talking about guess who? No, not me! Maddy!
Pam

The girl next door was telling me how her mum is pestering her to produce a grandchild, she isn't ready though. I told her in advance I'd help out! There are perks to helping people out sometimes. I LOVE babies :luv:

sounds like a great neighbour, lucky for you to know that Maddy will be ok when you are at work:D :D

Yes, I am so happy that she is not alone most of the day. However... I don't think my neighbor wanted to return her! lol.
I am also happy that I don't feel like I am taking advantage because my neighbor really looked like she had a great day and she seemed more cheerful.
She took a photo of Maddy asleep on her husband's lap. It will be great if she gets a blen too. She told me she has been researching on the internet and she already knew about the heart problems.
Smart lady.
Pam

Yes, I am so happy that she is not alone most of the day. However... I don't think my neighbor wanted to return her! lol.
I am also happy that I don't feel like I am taking advantage because my neighbor really looked like she had a great day and she seemed more cheerful.
She took a photo of Maddy asleep on her husband's lap. It will be great if she gets a blen too. She told me she has been researching on the internet and she already knew about the heart problems.
Smart lady.
Pam

Be sure to refer her to this site so she can read up on SM too!

Back