PDA

View Full Version : Now 3/ Two new rescue dogs

Karlin
11th July 2007, 10:42 PM
Just went and collected these two from a farmer/breeder :confused: . They arrived loose in the boot (trunk) of the car w ith female in full heat! :yikes A bit dirty and smelly but happy enough though the boy is quite shy and a stocky fellow. He's got one weird eye that shall have to be looked at and perhaps should be taken out but perhaps he has some vision in it still.

Just home and making a late dinner and then will post a couple of pics.

Thanks to Sallymum and Thelly for help with these and Casshon and George108 for offering help as well. We may need to split the little girl from Fred the boy as the males are very, VERY interested in her...

It would be nice if we weren't getting quite so many rescue females in mid-heat! :o

Justine
11th July 2007, 10:45 PM
Welldone and enjoy your dinner.Cant wait for pics.Sorry i couldnt help.

*Pauline*
11th July 2007, 10:47 PM
Well done everyone. Wish I could help out sometimes. I'm pretty useless not being able to drive but if you can think of anything I can do to help, please ask.

Cathryn
11th July 2007, 10:48 PM
I really hope that this current "flow" of rescues slows to a steady trickle for you Karlin! Your proverbial "rafters" must be heaving right now!! I truly wish I was much closer to you and was able to help out a little bit!!

:xfngr: That you can find wonderful "forever" homes for these dogs :xfngr:

Karlin
11th July 2007, 10:48 PM
Oh forgot to thank you Justine as well! :lol: And anyone else who contacted me regarding help for these two. :) They are really, really nice dogs. Female has very big nipples :yikes -- I'd say she's been well used for breeding every cycle in her 5 years. :(

Yes it would be nice if the flow calmed a bit.

Cathryn
11th July 2007, 10:51 PM
They are really, really nice dogs. Female has very big nipples :yikes -- I'd say she's been well used for breeding every cycle in her 5 years.

Poor girl!! I hope that all goes well with this pair!!

Rj Mac
11th July 2007, 10:59 PM
Hope they find their forever homes soon

Justine
11th July 2007, 10:59 PM
karlin thanks for thanking me but this time i hold my hands up i did nt know about the two girls.

Karlin
12th July 2007, 12:02 AM
:lol: This is a boy and a girl -- they were added in at the end of another foster plea in the rescue section and were the dogs noted in the Athy transport request. :thmbsup: They came up so fast that I never had time to properly post about them.

Here are some pics:

Little 5 year old female with runny eyes. Is she ever a friendly dote!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1192/779687073_a1bf4f7835.jpg

Very stocky and handsome boy named Fred -- this is his bad eye side:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1132/779685787_d893d4cec9.jpg

Here's his other side. He is about 2:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1392/780562222_1bffdd5908.jpg

Here's both -- Fred on the left (you can see the girl's huge nipples hanging down):
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1072/780562572_9fde83c90c.jpg

And here they are having a sniff. Fred's deep interest in the (unnamed) girl set off the alarms -- she is mid-heat.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1261/779685417_564e65e0eb.jpg

jld
12th July 2007, 12:07 AM
Oh Karlin, how sweet they are. I so hope Fred's eye will be OK, and that they find forever homes. They certainly deserve it !!!!!

Holly
12th July 2007, 12:08 AM
Karlin, when you say they arrived in the boot of the car, do you ean that they came to you in the trunk of a car??

Poor babies, I am so glad they are safe now!

Karlin
12th July 2007, 12:36 AM
Yes, in the trunk! :shock:

I am sure they are getting lots o' loving at the moment. :lol: Thelly will have to fill us in. They were quiet as could be in their crates when transported. :) Fred's eye is deformed; was told he has likely been like this since birth. Will have him checked out in the next few days.

Holly
12th July 2007, 12:41 AM
How awful--- I cannot imagine putting a dog in the trunk of a car! They must have been so scared!

I am so happy that they are in safe hands now!

matties mum
12th July 2007, 07:40 AM
Thanks Karlin for putting the photos up at lest they are now safe and look so beautiful
----Aileen andthe gang(Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

coconut
12th July 2007, 08:19 AM
Karlin i am so glad that they are safe now, but that really makes me angry to think that fred's eye could have being like that since early in life and no-one bother to get the poor boy checked out! Thanks for the picutres i hope everything works out for them! keep us posted

Justine
12th July 2007, 08:40 AM
Arrrrrr fantastic,they are safe now and at least we know the rest of their lives will be good .

george108
14th July 2007, 12:23 AM
Karlin,

Great to hear that they're both safe and doing well. Beautiful little dogs. Sorry I didn't get to meet them!

Thelly
14th July 2007, 12:13 PM
Hi Guys

Just to update you on Fred and Ginger. As Karlin said both dogs were smelly and dirty so they have had a good clean up, plenty of attention and they are in fantastic form since.

Getting on well with our other two, although Bailey is a little jealous with Fred paying so much attention to Ginger!

Anyway, they have their vet check on Monday so we will find out more about Fred's eye and what can be done. They have taken over the big doggie bed and curl up in the evenings - but have to sleep in separate rooms at night...

It was really sad to see that Fred didn't even know how to climb up the 2 steps into our kitchen!! But with a bit of encouragement he is now in and out all the time. He doesn't like the lead on him so walks are interesting but getting better. Ginger takes everything in her stride! They really are a pair of characters and love everyone who comes to visit them!

brid kenny
14th July 2007, 12:19 PM
That's great news. Fair play to you. Love the names!!

Rj Mac
14th July 2007, 02:52 PM
Great to hear they're settling in cl*p , fingers rossed for the vets on Monday :xfngr:

Karlin
14th July 2007, 03:35 PM
I'd love to place these two together if possible. :)

Thanks so much to Thelly and Gerry for taking these two in; this took a huge weight off my shoulders!

Thelly
14th July 2007, 07:38 PM
These dogs are so well adjusted. We haven't had 1 mess to clear up in the morning or at any stage indoors.

They had their 1st park experience today and they really loved it. Crashed out in the bed now as a walk is probably something they would never have know about a few days ago.

Will post pics as soon as I download them from my camera!

sallymum
16th July 2007, 01:06 PM
any news on his eye.

Karlin
16th July 2007, 01:12 PM
YES! Good news: the vet says it is congenital and as he is producing tears, the eye can stay. Need to ring them today to get more detail. :)

Now I have another one into rescue as well, severely neglected ruby female. It just never ends at the moment, for some reason! At least she is safe in foster with the women who found her. So badly matted she could barely walk or wag her tail. :( She will need general anaesthetic to clip off her coat it is so bad.

Cathryn
16th July 2007, 01:44 PM
Hi!

So glad to hear that it is good news re Fred's eye :rah: Also great to hear they are settling in so well with Thelly too, won't be soon before Fred gets used to the lead and then there will be no stopping him! :dogwlk: :dogwlk:

Will check back later for updates!! Well done to all involved!! :cl*p: