• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Now 3/ Two new rescue dogs

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Just went and collected these two from a farmer/breeder :confused: . They arrived loose in the boot (trunk) of the car w ith female in full heat! :yikes A bit dirty and smelly but happy enough though the boy is quite shy and a stocky fellow. He's got one weird eye that shall have to be looked at and perhaps should be taken out but perhaps he has some vision in it still.

Just home and making a late dinner and then will post a couple of pics.

Thanks to Sallymum and Thelly for help with these and Casshon and George108 for offering help as well. We may need to split the little girl from Fred the boy as the males are very, VERY interested in her...

It would be nice if we weren't getting quite so many rescue females in mid-heat! :eek:

Well done everyone. Wish I could help out sometimes. I'm pretty useless not being able to drive but if you can think of anything I can do to help, please ask.

I really hope that this current "flow" of rescues slows to a steady trickle for you Karlin! Your proverbial "rafters" must be heaving right now!! I truly wish I was much closer to you and was able to help out a little bit!!

:xfngr: That you can find wonderful "forever" homes for these dogs :xfngr:

Oh forgot to thank you Justine as well! :lol: And anyone else who contacted me regarding help for these two. :) They are really, really nice dogs. Female has very big nipples :yikes -- I'd say she's been well used for breeding every cycle in her 5 years. :(

Yes it would be nice if the flow calmed a bit.

karlin thanks for thanking me but this time i hold my hands up i did nt know about the two girls.

:lol: This is a boy and a girl -- they were added in at the end of another foster plea in the rescue section and were the dogs noted in the Athy transport request. (y) They came up so fast that I never had time to properly post about them.

Here are some pics:

Little 5 year old female with runny eyes. Is she ever a friendly dote!
779687073_a1bf4f7835.jpg

Very stocky and handsome boy named Fred -- this is his bad eye side:
779685787_d893d4cec9.jpg

Here's his other side. He is about 2:
780562222_1bffdd5908.jpg

Here's both -- Fred on the left (you can see the girl's huge nipples hanging down):
780562572_9fde83c90c.jpg

And here they are having a sniff. Fred's deep interest in the (unnamed) girl set off the alarms -- she is mid-heat.
779685417_564e65e0eb.jpg

Oh Karlin, how sweet they are. I so hope Fred's eye will be OK, and that they find forever homes. They certainly deserve it !!!!!

Karlin, when you say they arrived in the boot of the car, do you ean that they came to you in the trunk of a car??

Poor babies, I am so glad they are safe now!

Yes, in the trunk! :shock:

I am sure they are getting lots o' loving at the moment. :lol: Thelly will have to fill us in. They were quiet as could be in their crates when transported. :) Fred's eye is deformed; was told he has likely been like this since birth. Will have him checked out in the next few days.

How awful--- I cannot imagine putting a dog in the trunk of a car! They must have been so scared!

I am so happy that they are in safe hands now!

Thanks Karlin for putting the photos up at lest they are now safe and look so beautiful
----Aileen andthe gang(Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Karlin i am so glad that they are safe now, but that really makes me angry to think that fred's eye could have being like that since early in life and no-one bother to get the poor boy checked out! Thanks for the picutres i hope everything works out for them! keep us posted

Arrrrrr fantastic,they are safe now and at least we know the rest of their lives will be good .

Karlin,

Great to hear that they're both safe and doing well. Beautiful little dogs. Sorry I didn't get to meet them!

Hi Guys

Just to update you on Fred and Ginger. As Karlin said both dogs were smelly and dirty so they have had a good clean up, plenty of attention and they are in fantastic form since.

Getting on well with our other two, although Bailey is a little jealous with Fred paying so much attention to Ginger!

Anyway, they have their vet check on Monday so we will find out more about Fred's eye and what can be done. They have taken over the big doggie bed and curl up in the evenings - but have to sleep in separate rooms at night...

It was really sad to see that Fred didn't even know how to climb up the 2 steps into our kitchen!! But with a bit of encouragement he is now in and out all the time. He doesn't like the lead on him so walks are interesting but getting better. Ginger takes everything in her stride! They really are a pair of characters and love everyone who comes to visit them!

Back