• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A poem to my foster dog by Diane Morgan

matties mum

This was written by Diane Morgan, who does basset rescue, in addition to writing several (good) dog books.

A poem to my foster dog I am the bridge Between what was and what can be. I am the pathway to a new life.

I am made of mush, Because my heart melted when I saw you, Matted and sore, limping, depressed, Lonely, unwanted, afraid to love.

For one little time you are mine. I will feed you with my own hand I will love you with my whole heart I will make you whole.

I am made of steel. Because when the time comes, When you are well, and sleek, When your eyes shine, And your tail wags with joy Then comes the hard part. I will let you go--not without a tear, But without a regret. For you are safe forever-- A new dog needs me now.

by Diane Morgan

As someone who fosters all i can say is::......actually I can't get a smilie face with tears ....but that wass beautiful.

As another foster mom - that was a wonderful tribute. The hardest part isn't the rehab that goes on in your home - it's when they must part and go on to their new home.

Sheri

I AM THE PERSON THAT WILL MAKE YOU WELL
WHEN YOU COME TO ME BEATEN AND BROKEN
I WILL LOVE YOU FOR A WHILE TILL YOU ARE WELL
THEN LET YOU GO TO ANOTHER HOME WITH A WAGGY TAIL
AND HAPPY EYES
I THEN DO THE SAME FOR ANOTHER DOG

Not has good
Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Back