PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks

Karlin
13th July 2007, 01:33 PM
I'd just like to say a very heartfelt thank you to the large numbers of the people on the board who have helped with the recent influx of rescue dogs, 4 of which have been puppy farm dogs needing to be sorted immediately to a safe place. Many people contributed to these efforts from getting the tipoffs about these dogs, negotiating buying them, transporting, fostering, getting them vet care and donating towards their release.

Rescue work would be impossible without such generosity of time and effort and donations from trusted people. I just hope everyone realises how every small bit of help contributes to the larger whole. There are a lot of happy dogs in foster at the moment getting the kind of affection and care they have never had before and some safe new homes for others that suddenly had to find a new family to love them. None of these dogs will ever see a cage or be forced to carry a litter again.

Thanks again. :) :flwr:

casshon
13th July 2007, 01:58 PM
And a big thank you to you Karlin for coordinating all these rescues. Without you I wouldn't have my 2 beautiful girls :lotsaluv:

It's the mutual appreciation society ;)

coconut
13th July 2007, 02:04 PM
Karlin it all would not be possible with out u and all of the effort that you put into caring for these dogs! So we should say thanks to u

sallymum
13th July 2007, 02:16 PM
I agree with the others without u none of this would be possible. A big thank u from Sam as well.

matties mum
13th July 2007, 04:41 PM
I to agree with the others with out you I donnot know were Sam would be and he sends a big Thank You
Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

misty
13th July 2007, 05:39 PM
Karlin, it never ceases to amaze me the power of the people on this Board :) :).

Everyone should be so proud of themselves. If you ever get the female equivalent of Aileen's Sam, please let me know, as I know someone over here who would make the perfect owner, who is desperately 'broody'. No, it's not me - I have enough ;).

Justine
13th July 2007, 06:58 PM
Brilliant work.Its so satisfying to know we have been of help.It brings a tears to my eyes.

Rj Mac
13th July 2007, 10:01 PM
We agree with all the others, a big thankyou to you Karlin, for had it not been for the help and support we recieved from yourself and Tara, we'd have never found Megan, and for that we will always be trully greatful :thmbsup:

And we'd also like to take the chance to thank everyone else on the board who has passed on their support and best wishes, this trully is a fantastic forum, and we have been blown away by everyones kind words

Karlin
14th July 2007, 09:11 PM
Well I have to add another thanks to the many of you who posted so many kind things and also have rallied to offer foster places or help me find them, via posts, PMs and phonecalls.

Yesterday and this morning were the kind of days where you feel exasperated and worn down to a nubbin and I feared I had crossed the line in what I could manage with taking in dogs (rescue always has its limits and it is important to know them -- you can't help every single dog or cat).

With six dogs in rescue and a seventh getting sorted on Monday, I badly needed at least one stable foster slot that could accommodate Sam, the little blenheim guy, and hopefully, at least one slot in reserve so that if an emergency arose, I could manage. Sallymum generously offered a few days' foster before she has a full house on Monday, which took immediate pressure off but still left me with the larger longer term problem. Probably most or all of these dogs will be placed within the next week or two but in the interim... :yikes Now the ones that are in foster are all OK for now, some homes are materialising, and I have some new names and some who have reminded me they will also take dogs. That really stabilises things and I am really appreciative. :flwr:

Justine
14th July 2007, 09:22 PM
Do you need somewhere for sam is that what your saying,if so i can take him.

Karlin
14th July 2007, 09:44 PM
I did need somewhere for him and was very worried about him over the past 24 hours (and this in turn made me realise I was desperately short of fosters now) but this morning Coconut spoke with a dog loving relative who was convinced that he could slip this little one in too... :lol:. Well in reality he has been eyeing up her cavaliers for some time so apparently very little persuasion was needed and he will be keeping him if he fits in. :)

Justine
14th July 2007, 09:45 PM
Good alls well for the moment.