PDA

View Full Version : Need to buy new bedding

shippers
14th July 2007, 05:38 PM
I am looking for a new cushioned bed (size 30") to go inside Sally's plastic bed. I am constantly washing the one she has and the filling is not that cushioned anymore. Can anyone recommend a good internet site as I only seem to find other types of bed.
Thanks

merlinsmum
14th July 2007, 06:11 PM
have you tried pets at home - they normally do the oval shaped ones for the plastic beds.

I have a single quilt folded intwo for the boys bed upstairs inside a plastic bed. I just chuck it in the wash cover and all and then tumble try it - comes up nice and squishy and a lot cheaper!

shippers
14th July 2007, 06:26 PM
That seems a good idea as the one she has is from Pets at Home and was quite expensive and hasn't stayed very nice. I'll ask my mum if she has any single duvets from when I was still at home. Thanks for the advice

Karlin
14th July 2007, 06:27 PM
Try www.zooplus.ie -- they have sveral European locations and sites and might have what you want. Their wicker basket and cushion is cute.

merlinsmum
14th July 2007, 06:28 PM
If not - I bet you could get a cheap duvet from Matalan or somewhere like that for much less than those at pets at home. I think Macro,Costco and Tradex do duvets too.

Hope this helps

shippers
14th July 2007, 06:42 PM
I'll have a look at the zooplus website. The duvet idea or even a pillow that is washable would be good. If its cheap I don't throwing after few months.

merlinsmum
14th July 2007, 06:44 PM
Matalan do washable pillows - I have some myself - they're great you can wash and tumble dry them. My other half seems to crush pillows so these are great as they are like new after a wash & dry

shippers
14th July 2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks very much. I'll be driving past one tomorrow I shall call in and buy one for Sally and two more for us!! Sound good.