• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

is this cruelty or ignorance

sallymum

I got a 2 and a half tri girl out of a puppy farm situation Wednesday, made phone calls on behalf of a vet i know who had heard about this girl.
To cut a very long story short this little girl is now in the care of this vet. while she was under getting spayed apart from a very very bad skin condition he found a hernia, tumor on her mamory(sp) gland, bad ears and bad eyes. Thankfully this lovely vet has fallen in love with her so is taken care of every thing that needs to be done. I have a photo of her on my phone which shows her skin condition, i dont know how to post it, if anyone can do it for me i will send u the pic or even just text it to u to see the state of her.
Her owner phoned me awhile ago to ask me how she is. When i told her nicely all the things wrong with her, her reply i knew about the skin i was treating her with Ivomac when i asked what is it.Did a vet give it her she said no we are farmers we have it. to cut short are conversation she said all her dogs are treated well. When i asked about vacs she said we live on a farm no dogs around they dont need it.
The thing is i dont know if this lady is just ignorant to the welfare of her animals or she is sorry i cant write what i want to say about her.

sorry but i had to get this off my chest i have been sitting here for the last hour fuming.

Oh just want to add This cav wasnt taking out for Cavalier Rescue but Karlin as always did say that if i needed her for this cav she would be there. thankfully these vet mother is giving this little girl a home.

I dont know anymore,people excuses never cease to amaze me.I was watching animals cops and a lady was putting car oil on a case of mange,it was like an old wifes tale.Teh vet said they honestly think thet would cure it but of course it doesnt.

Puppyfarmers are strange some can't seem to see whats wrong with their practices & others simply don't care.

The worst case we ever had the dogs had tapeworm , earmites , were covered in goo , matts & lice ( I thought it was sawdust until it moved) one was 11lb & should have been over 20.

The person we got them from had the cheek/stupidity to say make sure you get them a good home !( & they'd been sitting on his kids knee in their car in that state)
makes you wonder what would their definition of a bad home be ?

Yes that right that amazes me as well ,you can hear them saying,yes make sure you give my dog a good home.God their awful ignorant people.

The state of that one cavalier would result in a prosecution for cruelty under Irish law. I have the pic from Mary and she is in an appalling state. I will post it from my phone. If she is breeding dogs and that was an example, I would report that woman to the ISPCA. :mad:

Here she is, covered in sores and scabs:

810862939_872abec040.jpg

IMO-- cruelty implies intent to harm. I agree that this dogs case sounds bad. I heard a term recently "farm dog mentality", meaning dogs are something that are rather expendable. Example:

Our vet clinic got a dog in that was in a house fire-- burns over 70% of it's body. This bitches nails were melted and part of her ears were burnt off. Her eyes had some heat damage -- she was a mess. Two months of very careful treatment- antibiotics, they called hospitals and had a burn unit nurse come in to show them how to get necropsied tissue off. Baths, bandages etc... against all odds she lives. My daughter took this lab/pit mix in her home and continued antibiotics, skin ointments and an assessment. She had her for 5 weeks-- she learned manners, was a decent house dog and the shelter that took her case, homed her to people who own a large farm. My daughter warned the new owners she was terrible off leash and would chase cars. Within 5 weeks this dog was run over and broke her back. They put her to sleep and have another shelter dog running loose. They didn't learn a damn thing.
To me, this is the same idea--If she couldn't live within the parameters of the "farm life" then she was doomed to suffer. At least you have her now and her life should be much better soon.
Sorry this is so long-- I sit her crying because I saw the hell both dogs went through.

OMG!! :yikes: How can any-one possibly allow a dog to get into such a state?? Personnally I would report the person responsible, as for the not needing vaccinations, well if they were on a remote farm and around other farm animals then they most certainly DID need them, I cannot think of a single reason as to why a puppy/dog should not be vaccinated! :swear:

GOD is that a dog,i thought it was a old rug.Why do that,the dog is making a living for those people.I cant understand it.Never have ,Never will.

When i was talking to the former owner i really dont think she nows she is doing wrong. She says she is a dog lover and everyone should have a dog. Is this why she bought 7 girls and one male cav in November for her son to breed them. She now needs her shed back, that is why she sold all the others, though she is still breeding collies.
She says she feeds her dogs twice a day on the dear food when i asked what she said Pedigree chum. she also plays with them at feeding time, never needed a walk they all play together so get plenty of exercise.

Well the vet could definitely report her for having a dog in that condition. It's likely the collies will be in a similar state, as that is most likely mange and is highly transmissible.

Sally,

Please report this woman! She obviously is deranged to think she is providing quality of care to these dogs. The new laws that have come in should help remove dogs from these people who in my opinion should be sectioned as they are obviously lacking in any stable mental health.

Sorry for ranting but this one has really hit a nerve...

I must admit until i had joined this site ,i didnt know what pupy farms were.I had never heard of them.But i do know now,i actually would complain to someone now.I was reading the news paper on hols and they did close a farm down,and they also took someone to court for cruelty to a horse.I think the more people complain the more they will do about it.

When i was talking to the former owner i really dont think she nows she is doing wrong. She says she is a dog lover and everyone should have a dog. Is this why she bought 7 girls and one male cav in November for her son to breed them. She now needs her shed back, that is why she sold all the others, though she is still breeding collies.
She says she feeds her dogs twice a day on the dear food when i asked what she said Pedigree chum. she also plays with them at feeding time, never needed a walk they all play together so get plenty of exercise.

OMG!! 7 Girls? And in 8 months they are in that state? I hope that the others fared better than this girl? I feel particularly sorry for the Collies still with that family, they deserve so much better than that.

Pedigree C**p is NOT a dear food, OK there are others that are cheaper but PC is not a costly feed, nor is it a quality one at that, I think the best thing to say about this woman is "Ignorance is Bliss!" as that is what has quite clearly happened here. :swear:

Her owner phoned me awhile ago to ask me how she is. When i told her nicely all the things wrong with her, her reply i knew about the skin i was treating her with Ivomac when i asked what is it.Did a vet give it her she said no we are farmers we have it. to cut short are conversation she said all her dogs are treated well. When i asked about vacs she said we live on a farm no dogs around they dont need it.
The thing is i dont know if this lady is just ignorant to the welfare of her animals or she is sorry i cant write what i want to say about her.

sorry but i had to get this off my chest i have been sitting here for the last hour fuming.
Whether it was ignorance, neglect, or cruelty - I believe it should be reported to ISPCA. In my opinion, people should not be allowed to own animals if they cannot or will not care for them properly.

Seen this little girl again last night she still is in a sorryfully state if u seen her she would make u cry. She is very timid but loves company once she nows ur going to be gentle with her. Loves sitting on laps cries when she is left.Paddy is doing a great job with her never leaves her for a sec brings her to work as well. Hopefully in another week or two she will be looking and feeling alot better.

Back