PDA

View Full Version : Calender of members dogs.

Justine
14th July 2007, 10:09 PM
I was thinking we could do this put the money towards cav rescue.The dogs would have to be picked from a hat to stop any unfairness.If someone found a printing firm to do a deal we could all buy the calanders for gifts etc etc.I would love one with all the members dogs on it ,it would be fantastic.

sallymum
14th July 2007, 10:20 PM
What a great idea. Im for it.

matties mum
14th July 2007, 10:25 PM
I am in to
---Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Karlin
14th July 2007, 10:26 PM
We had one done last year which was really nice. It can be fun to have members put in pictures for a competition for each month and then people vote; maybe exclude any pictures from being entered that were included last year. It would make sense to do this in two geographies if using one of the online firms as postage was very high to ship to Europe from the US. I have some printer contacts and might be able to sort a good deal at this end.

If people want to organise the images, I can certainly organise design and printing and then they could be sold through the site here. If finished early enough I will be back to the US a couple of times between Nov and Dec and could mail the US ones then, if printed here. I usually only bring a single suitcase (roll on) so could check a box of calenders. I have a Cav Talk shop partly assembled already (just commission sales thru Amazon etc) but also have long wanted to create some CavTalk items to raise some money for rescue efforts.

Justine
14th July 2007, 10:41 PM
Great hubby thought it was brilliant idea,they can be any doggie pose,and we would need 12 dogs,maybe on the back karlin could list all the dogs names she has rescued.Right who could organise to start the pics of the dogs.we will need to tell every one then they could vote for i to win for each month.sorry if i sound bossy.But it is exciting.i would order at least 4.What size calander because sometimes they are to small and you cant really use them.i woudnt mind volunteering to be post lady,some calenders i have seen of animals have been at least 20 euro.

merlinsmum
14th July 2007, 11:04 PM
Justine,

Duncans_ma organised this last year - she did a great job. A poll was created for each month and then the winner of each month was used. August was a compilation of all dogs so that everyone had a "link" to the calender.

Again, I will be post lady for the Uk

sallymum
14th July 2007, 11:05 PM
You can put Sam forward. Im sure he would love to see himself in print.

Justine
14th July 2007, 11:10 PM
Fantastic,i think it would raise a good bit of money.I wont be good at organising the computor side of it,can Duncans Ma tell karlin what to do.I dont think it would be done for this yr,but maybe nexy yrs,Karlins right we could have a USA one as well.

merlinsmum
14th July 2007, 11:17 PM
Justine,

We managed to get a calender together and despatched in about 2-3 months last year. Our best bet is to start polls early.

Soooo EVERYONE START LoOKING FOR YOUR SEASONAL PHOTOS!!!!!!
Once the polls are up, we need a deadline , then get the .jpegs of the photos and get them to a printer. I think Shutterfly was the one used last year.

the hardest work is ensuring money comes in for those calenders requested.

Perhaps we do a poll into how many members want a calender and then see what response we get. This year we seem to have a few more active members also.

I'll try and set up a poll

merlinsmum
14th July 2007, 11:22 PM
Justine,

i've set up a poll to see who is interested. I've run it for 30 days from today to give those people who are on holiday a chance to reply.:D

Justine
14th July 2007, 11:25 PM
Yipeeeeeeeeeeee.Your the BEST.Brilliant,here we go.

Kelly
16th July 2007, 11:19 AM
Just a thought, but I know a lot of you have rescue dogs. Perhaps you could do a calander of these dogs to show how wonderful rescue dogs can be.

It may also get people more interested in taking on a rescue.

Only an idea.

casshon
16th July 2007, 11:56 AM
Just a thought, but I know a lot of you have rescue dogs. Perhaps you could do a calander of these dogs to show how wonderful rescue dogs can be.

It may also get people more interested in taking on a rescue.

Only an idea.

That's a great idea Kelly :D

I will have to get snapping now :snap:

Bruce H
16th July 2007, 01:10 PM
I think it's a great idea; you can count me in for at least 1 calendar. I know which photo I'd like to submit when the time comes ;)

Rj Mac
16th July 2007, 02:29 PM
:thmbsup: Count us in aswell

Cathryn
16th July 2007, 02:51 PM
Hi!

Oh I was cussing Crystal earlier! Baby Diamond was fast asleep on her back with her fat little pink tummy laid bare, I grabbed the camera switched it on and ..... Crystal decides to jump in the box and wake them all up for lunch!! :swear: Never mind, am sure I'll have loads more :snap: opportunities over the next few weeks!! :lol:

When do we start posting/entering :snap: by the way??

Justine
16th July 2007, 03:24 PM
Yes i like the sound of that too,rescue dogs would be great,perhaps do one month with all the rescues..i was wondering when it would be started up as well.

casshon
16th July 2007, 03:24 PM
:lol:
You have an unfair advantage Cathryn, with all those beautiful puppies around.

Justine
16th July 2007, 03:25 PM
I did pm Merlinsmum,i think she can sort out the computor side of things for the votes.can some one else pm her to see how its going.

Denise G.
16th July 2007, 05:47 PM
A rescue calendar is such a great idea!! These doglets deserve special recognition!

matties mum
16th July 2007, 07:21 PM
Can my beaitful Sam have a chance in the rescue one please if I can work out how to put photos up
----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

coconut
16th July 2007, 07:37 PM
i am in for it aswell!!