PDA

View Full Version : SORTED: Transport needed, Cavan to Dublin

Karlin
15th July 2007, 06:28 PM
I just got an email about a cavalier found straying in Cavan that is so badly matted they don't even know if it is male or female. :(

I am going to arrange for this dog to go to a groomer and be shaved down which I hope the person who is holding him can do. Then will likely need to transport the dog here to Dublin so I can have the creature vet checked and scanned for a chip. Then will need a foster but I have a couple of you held in reserve. :flwr:

So that's eight cavaliers in various aspects of rescue now! :shock: A personal record for dogs managed at one time through Irish Cavalier Rescue. Homes getting sorted, slow but sure... :)

If there's anyone in that area who might be able to collect this cavalier and get him/her partway here or all the way here that would be great. I am waiting for the people who know about the dog to ring me back and then will post more info. The dog at least is safe.

Justine
15th July 2007, 10:24 PM
Had chat with hubby,hes not going that way.sorry.But if you need a foster give me a shout.

Karlin
15th July 2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks! :) Still haven't heard from the woman so no further info yet.

Karlin
16th July 2007, 01:25 PM
Ruby female, only about two, found wandering at the side of the road and so badly matted she could hardly walk and can't even fully wag her tail. :mad: The vet says the neglect is so bad and the coat so horrendous that he will have to put her under just to trim it off and will do that on Thursday.

The kind people who found her are happy to foster in the short term so there's no immediate need for her to be moved. I'll talk to the vet on Thursday. Will need a home with someone kind and patient, no kids as she is very shy and jittery and they would be too scary for her. Needs someone home most of the day or another dog around and a midday dog-walker visit.

She was likely dumped.

Cathryn
16th July 2007, 01:48 PM
Oh the poor little thing, who on earth could possibly dump a dog? No don't answer that, there are some really sad and cruel people out there is all I can say! :xfngr: That her problems can be sorted out and she can have a happy and carefree life in a wonderful forever home!

Justine
16th July 2007, 03:31 PM
UNBELIEVABLE.Thank god she was found alive and not run over.

yvonne
16th July 2007, 05:11 PM
give me a shout if you need a hand with transport or vet visits karlin.
Yvonne

Karlin
16th July 2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks so much, Yvonne. :flwr: She's actually now in Dublin with the fosterer who found her (was originally up in Cavan with her mum). We are getting her sorted; she is clipped enough to be able to do her wees etc and will be put under for the rest on Thursday.

Fiddichs
18th July 2007, 09:03 PM
Hi,
Thanks to all the help from Karlin. An update on this girl is that I have her back in Dublin. She has had some of the main areas clipped, around her back legs etc and a whole load of her ears but is going in after the weekend to get it all clipped off. The pictures don't really show what its like but you can see from her ears how it must have built up over months and months.
She is very timid and loves her cage. I have resorted to treats to persuade her out of it but really leaving her to decide when she leaves its security.
Anyway hopefully I am able to upload these photos and you will be able to see what she looks like.:snap:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1418/846402917_242179e96c.jpg?v=0

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1108/846402833_98291fdeb7.jpg?v=0
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1050/846402849_593e7aee46.jpg?v=0
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1052/846402897_7428078235.jpg?v=0

sallymum
18th July 2007, 10:04 PM
Poor little thing. Some people really make me sick. How can u let a dog get in to that state. Well done for taken her in.

brid kenny
18th July 2007, 10:36 PM
yes well done indeed. It's not pleasant to see the matting.:(

Justine
18th July 2007, 10:41 PM
Well done for helping her,she has got the prettiest eyes.Thanks for the photos.

Sandrac
19th July 2007, 12:18 PM
Well done - she has got such a soulful look in her eyes.

coconut
19th July 2007, 01:06 PM
well done on taking this girl in!

Cathryn
19th July 2007, 01:40 PM
Well Done for taking on this dog, she looks a very pretty little thing, such a shame that she was left to get into that state in the first place, however she is now in safe hands and things are going to get a whole lot better for her now I think!! :lotsaluv: Do you have a name for her at all?

sins
19th July 2007, 01:53 PM
Any news on finding a permanent home for her?
Had she been microchipped or neutered when the vet examined her?
The thought of her being dumped was appalling,I keep hoping she was just a family pet who wandered away and hadn't been ill treated, although judging by reports of her timidity she must have been traumatised.I keep thinking she'd make a lovely companian dog for Daisy but perhaps with a 10 yr old and 8 yr old at home, she might be overwhelmed by the kids.
Sins

Fiddichs
19th July 2007, 04:39 PM
Hi All,

I have called her Popsy. She is very timid and will rarely come out of her cage despite it always being open. This morning was the first time she got up and came out without treats and then she even ran a little around the garden.
The vet thought she was about 2 but he has found a heart murmour so thinks she may be as old as 5 or 6.. She is not neutered and he wondered whether she may have come from a puppy farm and maybe just have been dumped. I suppose we will never know. She is not use to people and I am giving her loads of space just to get use to me.
Treats are working well and last night I had her on my lap and she didn't shake and almost fell asleep so day by day she is improving.
Hopefully once she realises that I am not going to hurt her she will come on leaps and bounds.
I had a rescue from a puppy farm before and she was very similar so maybe she has come from a place like that.
I have one offer of a home at present, an older couple who are use to the breed. Going to get her settled for a couple of weeks and then see about getting her to her forever home.:rah:
Will be heartbroken to let her go, her eyes plead with you and melt your heart.
Updates to follow and some more photos once she is shaved next week, hopefully that we make her feel a whole lot better.:xfngr:
Suzanne

Karlin
19th July 2007, 06:25 PM
I definitely think this is one for a quiet retired-couple home -- kids and an active multi-dog home would be quite stressful for a dog like this one. She'll need lots of time -- I think she sounds like a classic example of a dumped puppyfarm dog. :( Poor thing -- am so glad you happened upon her and she has had a chance for a decent life at last.

misty
19th July 2007, 11:31 PM
I wish Popsy all the luck in the world. She will love her new life and will learn what it is like to be loved. :)