• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi, Newbie here.

clark67

Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself to you. I'm new on this site and hopefully you will be able to give me loads of advice.

We have got a 11 week old black and tan boy called Harvey. He is so cute and cuddly and loves all the attention that the children give him. Whilst typing this he is at present running round and round the trampoline. He loves it so much and loves to do it when the children are out there. He's had all his injections now and been microchipped with the new updated version which reads their temperature as well, so they dont have to put the thermometre up his bottom when we have to take him if he's not well.

Will try to get some pictures of him on here when I can.

Hi and welcome. love to see some pics of ur little lad love the black and tan.
See we, well i have anyway have already learned something of u. Never knew about the microchip that takes the temp. Wonder how long before they comeout here in Ireland.

I didn't either. The vet asked us what price one did we want the normal at £21 or the updated one at £26. When we asked what the difference was we straight away said the £26. It's so much easire and nicer for the dog not to have to go through that everytime he goes.

icon_welcome If I was your dog, I'd be most grateful that you went for the microchip you did.

That's what we thought. They dont exactly get a say in the matter do they when that vet picks up that thermometer ha. One look at those sad eyes says it all.

Could've done with 1 of those for our Lab Jake a couple of years back, the vet took his temp in the usual matter.....but went too far ...and ....ahem how would you say, Jake swallowed it :yikes and he was not too impressed when the vet went too fish it out icon_whistling

Hello and icon_welcome to the boards!! That chip sounds like a great idea, will have to check that out!! looking forwards to seeing some pics of your lovely lad soon!! :lotsaluv:

Could've done with 1 of those for our Lab Jake a couple of years back, the vet took his temp in the usual matter.....but went too far ...and ....ahem how would you say, Jake swallowed it :yikes and he was not too impressed when the vet went too fish it out icon_whistling

Now that is exactly why I won't do it that way, I have a dread of the thermometer getting "swallowed" :grnyuk: icon_whistling I tuck it under their armpit and add a degree on afterwards, WIMP or what eh??

cant wait to see pictures of him!
Chloe is chipped with that one too, its so much nicer for them. Think they are called Bio Therm chips??

WELCOME....I am definitely going to check into that chip. Can't wait to see pictures of Harvey.

Back