• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Alfie Has Tummy Bug>

Justine

He had been of his food for a couple of days,and today at about 4pm started to vomit,so straight to the vets,injection and antibiotics.Between the vet and me have worked out a pattern,he seems to get this after running around in the sea and drinking sea water and eating crabs,dead or alive.The vet thinks its a combination of getting a cold in his tummy and the sae water.He perky and happy.Have any of you heared about the sea water making them sick,i suppose it would make feel sick if a drank that water.Anyway he has recomended that he stays on the lead so he doesnt drink the water.

Well salt water would make ME sick!! And his tummy may not teolerate things like dead crabs as well. Glad he is feeling better.

Oh Justine, if he drinks the water it will definitely make him sick. One of the old fashioned way of getting someone to vomit if they had swallowed poison was to get them to drink a glass of salt water.

A friend of mine had a dog that always insisted on drinking water at the beach & he'd be a disaster. Let's just say we never walked behind him on the way back to the car. :eek:

Poor Alfie, I hope he feels better soon.

Cassie used to love to eat dead fish on the beach - we had to keep an eye on her or she'd either be rolling around on the fish or eating them :rolleyes:. She ended up in hospital on a drip once with gastroenteritis so we were extra vigilent with her after that.

You may have to keep him on a long leash until he learns not to eat crabs or drink sea water.

Hi girls,well hes better today.NO MORE SEA WATER for him,sometimes we dont see him drinking the stuff,and as for the crabs,well believe me i have told him off,many a time.So when the tides out he will be kept well away and when its in he will be on the lead.I do feel bad about it.

Back