PDA

View Full Version : No. 4

sallymum
16th July 2007, 10:49 PM
Well ive done ive added another little one to my family. This is def. it. No more(apart from the odd foster) He is a lovely black and tan the vet puts him at about 3-4 yrs and what a cutie he is.

This little lad came out of the pound today,abit quite at the moment but getting on great with my others.A big thanks to Brid who transported him for me.
Now the big prob is what do i call him, any ideas. I will have to get someone to show me how to put pics up havent got a clue.

ppotterfield
16th July 2007, 11:12 PM
You cannot stop until you have a Ruby!! Congratulations and thanks for taking him in. How Neal or James for names? Do not know where those came from but seem to go with your others to me !!!

brid kenny
16th July 2007, 11:20 PM
I took photos of him when I had him in the house so I can put them up for you if you want. Just let me know.

Rj Mac
16th July 2007, 11:25 PM
Congratulations :D How about.....Finn for a name?

Nicki
16th July 2007, 11:30 PM
Oh well done - and thank you so much for taking him on.

brid kenny
16th July 2007, 11:34 PM
I love the name Frodo from 'Lord of the rings'.

matties mum
16th July 2007, 11:39 PM
How about Rocky for the name and please photos
----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie---Barney---Sam)

Karlin
16th July 2007, 11:41 PM
Yes pics please Brid!!

I can now tell the true story behind this dog... :lol:

This B&T was in the pound all last week and I had my name on him for rescue. The problem is that I can only get the poundies if no one books them for rehoming or they aren't reclaimed. Usually cavaliers will be booked befaore they are ever released to rescue, and I always worry they will end up somewhere bad...:shifty:

Sallymum indicated an interest in him but was unable to book over the phone and she lives a long ways from this pound. Brid very kindly responded to a request for someone to see if they could help out. This poor man did a full seven days in the pound in an outdoor kennel :( . I bet he was thrilled to get out.

Other rescue folks did put up posters in the area where he was found and notices at area vets but there was no response. So people did their best to find the owners but now he is out and happy in his new home. :flwr: Thanks to all involved. :)

Cathy T
17th July 2007, 12:03 AM
Great job everyone! Bet he's glad to be out of there. Now....must see pictures to come up with a name ;)

brid kenny
17th July 2007, 12:09 AM
Here he is:
Photos not great as he just had a bath and kept moving to dry himself!!

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/bridkenny/2007_07150018.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/bridkenny/2007_07150016.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h92/bridkenny/2007_07150015.jpg

jld
17th July 2007, 12:27 AM
Oh how cute he is. Congratulations.... Here are some boy names:
Cooper, Presley, Clancy, Logan, Willis, Kirby, Simon, Felix, Brinkley, and of course Chance (for his second chance).

Karlin
17th July 2007, 12:38 AM
Lovely and he has such a full coat! Brid you are the queen of cavalier grooming... :lol: No pound or rescue dog escapes your warm soapy water. :lol:

brid kenny
17th July 2007, 12:55 AM
That is for sure!!! He was matted a fair bit. He smelt of yucky dog pound when he came first and now he smells of johnsons!!!

nlg679
17th July 2007, 01:00 AM
Ahhh! He is handsome!;)
Lucky him! Lucky YOU!:rah:

casshon
17th July 2007, 09:27 AM
Congrats, he's beautiful. As for a name, he looks like a 'Shadow' to me :)

Sue.k
17th July 2007, 09:47 AM
Wow, he looks great, well done :)

coconut
17th July 2007, 09:57 AM
he is lovely, congrats sallymum he looks beaituful!

sallymum
17th July 2007, 10:47 AM
Had him at vet last night not all great news. Has a slight heart murmer which isnt really unexpected been a cav, probly from a BYB. His coat which looks ok at the front is not to great at the back and underneath all scaby the vet is hoping its not mange,gave him an injection. Apart from that he is very healthy also been nuerered. Still havent decided on a name.

Cathryn
17th July 2007, 10:58 AM
Wasn't online last night so missed this little man!! Well done to all of you for getting him out of there! As for names, well I adore Logan (But am very biased on that!) others I think might suit him are Comet or Chad?? Again very biased for Chad as that was the name of my first show boy, Logan is his gt, grandson!!

Hope you can get his skin condition under control and that it isn't mange!! And no, you can't stop until you have all four colours!! :lol:

sallymum
17th July 2007, 11:04 AM
Yeah i actually like Logan, that is one i will consider. Chad no it reminds me to much of a Chief where i used to work. Hopefully he skin will be fine he is such a sweet gentle guy, someone must of cared for him at some stage, he seems to be house trainned, walks great on a lead. The only thing at the moment i can see is that his not to sure on cats but we can work on that.

coconut
17th July 2007, 11:05 AM
sorry to hear that he may have a heart murmer, let me know how it goes the poor boy!

sallymum
17th July 2007, 11:15 AM
Like the vet said last night they have a saying that goes a heart in a cav that is right is the wrong heart.

Caraline
17th July 2007, 11:43 AM
This is def. it. No more(apart from the odd foster)

Mwuhuhuhu... famous last words! I said that once & ended up with 8.

:rah: Hey congratulations! :rah:

Karlin
17th July 2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah I said two. icon_whistling

Cathryn
17th July 2007, 12:57 PM
Well when I was at the cardiologists having some of mine checked out they actually told me that Cavaliers have a naturally larger heart than most breeds! My reply?

"They need a larger heart to store all that love in!!" :lotsaluv:

My Cardiologists reply to that?

"I couldn't agree with you more!" :lotsaluv:

brid kenny
17th July 2007, 01:06 PM
Cathryn that is the cutest thing I ever heard and sooo true!:D :lotsaluv:

Sue.k
17th July 2007, 01:44 PM
That is so true, they are the most lovable dogs ever! I cant get my head around how anyone could mistreat or abuse one, its just sick!!

sallymum
17th July 2007, 02:30 PM
So true. I cant understand why. This little lad is so good, had him out in the car today for a trip to the shop he loved it. The only reason so far i can see wrong with him is his skin, but that is fixable. In a couple of days when he is more settled i will be getting him chipped at least he was already nuerered so at least thats one good thing.
Still havent thought of a name for him so keep the suggestions coming in. So far i like Murphy,and Logan.

Karlin
17th July 2007, 02:34 PM
He might have belonged to an elderly person who didn't notice the poor skin -- they are also the group least likely to know to go looking at the pound for a dog (and Dunboyne is in Co Meath but takes only Dublin dogs... and Meath doesn't even have a pound, the county simply puts down all dogs!! Irish folks might wish to get involved in a campaign on this issue; see www.anvilireland.ie).

At least someone cared enough to have him neutered which is good. I can always allow for some elderly folks being accidentally neglectful as there can be sight issues and they may not have the dog close enough to them to really notice its problems, but anyone else should have had the poor fellow in.

Let us know what the verdict is on his skin. A low grade murmur often is something that remains low grade all the dog's life so we'll hope that if he does indeed have a murmur, that will be the case. :flwr: