• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Toxic plant in my garden, how to fence off?

*Pauline*

I have a Rhododendron in my garden and Dylan has been pulling off leaves for ages. I saw another thread in the Health And Diet section and Bruce gave a link to a list of toxic plants, Rhododendron can be deadly :confused: :eek:

Ok, so I can cut back the bottom but I need a picket fence or something like this to put round it. I can turn my hand to most things but have never had any experience with wood work. I need to make or buy something quick as I'm pretty worried. Any ideas or links to something I can buy, in a shop, I don't want to wait for the post, I'd be very grateful for.

Thank you :)

p.s. It's too big to cut down completely.

I use the 24 inch tall wire folding fences that you stick in the ground. With cavvies, you have to use 2 or 3 layers of the fencing or they can squeeze through some openings. You also have to train the athletic ones (like Geordie!:rolleyes:) not to jump over it.

If it was an extremely toxic plant like Digitalis (Foxglove) or Lily of the Valley, I would remove the plant or use really good fencing to divide the garden.

I was going to suggest the same kind of thing has Cathy Moon
-----Aileen and the gang(Jazzie----Barney----Sam)

Thanks for the advice, I just finished cutting away anything he could reach so the plant looks more like a "standard" than a bush now. Boy am I tired, my legs are shaking!

rhododendrons are the Washington State Flower! I didn't know they were poison :yikes We had them all my life since that's our home state flower.. oops!

Glad you posted about these plants ,i didnt know they were poisoness.hope you can fence of ,or will you cut it down.

Back