• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Gas .....

Justine

On the bed last asleep,i awoke to the sounds of Alfies stomach noises.Underneath the skin you could feels the gas coming up to the surface,the noises were just behind the front legs elbow,were the rib cage starts,surely that cant be normal as that is not were the stomach is,do you think could be poss.ulcer or hernia.Should i ring the vet or am i being stupid.

I phoned the vet they will take a look,he has been of his food for a couple of weeks now,eating when he feels for it,and we havent been giving tit bits.so any ideas,there saying it the weather and that some dogs wont eat in the summer but it has been freezing.

Well got back from vtes,he still has tummy bug,and to my shock ear mites.so all dealt with,the vet checked everything else all ok.His heart is fantastic and he is very healthy.So thank god.He has told me that this breed we should allways use Stonghold as this keeps ears clean,thats good because i know they do get probs with the ears.Does anyone else use the Stonghold perhaps prevention is better than cure.jus.

It sounds like it is a good thing you got him to the vets Justine as now hopefully his tummy will settle & it is good you got onto the ear mites before he had symptoms. I use EpiOtic weekly to clean my guys ears. Maybe something similar but I haven't heard of Stronghold here in Oz.

Oh BTW the stomach in dogs & humans is really quite surprisingly high. It is actually up under the rib cage. It is the intestines & bowel that is lower down, around the bellybutton area.

Anyway, hope your little man is feeling better very soon.

Yes thats what the vet said,and told me about their tummies being quite high,amzing learn something new after each visit.I like to learn about the way their bodies work.Sronghold treats the fleas and mites,its better than Advantage,which only treats the fleas.

Hi!

I have used stronghold and it is very good indeed, you can also get hold of it quite cheaply on the internet, Vetmedics sell it reasonably priced!

Wow,didnt know that Cathryn,do you have to buy in bulk.Or can you buy say,2 or 3.I suppose better buying 6 months supply.Will get hubby to have a look and work out price difference.Is Stronghold every 3 months.Advantage every month.

Back