• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

avater

Hi!

It may be because the picture you are trying to use is too big? Have you tried downsizing it? You can upload them into photobucket and then go into edit, it will then give you some resize options one of which is avatar size, worth a try??

Good Luck!! :xfngr:

Hmm other than asking if it is a Jpeg or other recognised file not sure what else to suggest there!! :huh: :huh: Might be worth PM'ing Karlin and ask her for help?

Have you made sure the size of the avatar is right not the pixel size but the KB size otherwise it will not load up?

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 125 by 75 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Coconut, can you provide a step by step run down on what you are doing, and also any error messages you are receiving. This way, perhaps we can help you. :)

i am going into user cp, edit avater and adding new url address and submitting, then the message that is coming up is invalid file.

SO what am i doing wrong?

can you post the image as normal here in the message so we can see if the size in KB is right?

here is the picture i was trying to use!

IMG_1278.jpg

Last edited:
Ok I checked a couple of things. Even if you choose a somewhat larger picture -- eg the small size on Flickr -- the board will auto resize it to avatar size (as it did with my pic of Jaspar).

What you probably were doing that was keeping you from posting a new avatar was: you were pasting in the url for the image, then clicking the 'upload file' button. The uplaod file is only if you are uploading an image directly from your PC. You need to instead, click the button at the very bottom to 'save changes' but don't click the upload file button. If you do that, because you are not actually uploading a file, your avatar fails to change to your linked file. (y)

thanks karlin, u should know what i am like by now, i can never get my avater to change and i always end up getting u, thanks a mill!

Back