PDA

View Full Version : Help New Pup

ciara doyle
19th July 2007, 02:37 PM
Hi All .we Have A Pup 4 Weeks Called "rolo",he Is 3 Months He Is Lovely .its Our First Pet And Its All New To Us ,he Is Losing His Hair On His Hind Quarters And His Tail.does He Need The Vet .he Has Been To The Vet 5 Times Since We Got Him.he Is Healthy But We Are Anxious. Thanks Ciara

Justine
19th July 2007, 03:01 PM
Take back to the vets,thats what i would do.Good Luck.

sallymum
19th July 2007, 03:04 PM
Same here, i would bring him to the vets. Probly something that can be treated easily. Let us now how u get on.

cavlover
19th July 2007, 03:19 PM
I agree take him to the vet he might have a parasite, is he stratching a lot?
judy

Cathy Moon
21st July 2007, 06:13 PM
How is little Rolo? Hope he's better soon! Have you found out what is causing his hair loss?

Caraline
22nd July 2007, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the forum Ciara. Yes I would take Rolo back to the vets as I'd be wanting to find out why he is losing his fur. Hopefully this will be something easily rectified. :xfngr:

What were the other 5 vet visits for? Did the vet say anything about the loss of hair?

Heather
23rd July 2007, 08:27 PM
We had a cavalier with the same complaint that u are talking about and our vet gave us a shampoo called malaseb we had to use every three days untill iratation had stopped then once a week and not use any other shampoos on his skin and it did clear hope hes ok soon
heather