• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Boarding kennels for cavaliers, recommended or not?

sins

We're due to go on holiday soon and Daisy will be just 7 1/2 months.My parents usually take her but I'm worried that she may be a handful for them and possible in season.They adore her and are prepared to look after her.
Are there any reputable boarding kennels in the Cork area who might have experience in dealing with cavaliers?
I really don't want to put her in a kennel where she'll be locked up and deprived of affection and attention because she's so sociable and sweet.
I don't want to traumatise her in any way.
Sins

I'd let your parents have her, especially as she might be in season. That's only my opinion though. ;) I think she'd be happier with them than the kennel as long as they are happy to do it.

Have to agree with Pauline here, if she is going into heat then better off with your parents than in a boarding kennel.

Generally commercial kennels and home boarding places will not take a dog that is close to or going into season -- it causes them massive headaches. I think at her age, your only choice will be for them to take her unless you get her spayed in the next while.

None of the kennels or boarding people I recommend here will take a dog in heat or an unspayed dog a risk of going into heat. (y)

Back