• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

dairy products

jld

I was wondering if yogurt,cheese or other dairy products were ok to feed to dogs? I read on another post not to give dairy products to dogs?????

Hi!!

Personnally I think the odd bit of cheese etc as a tidbit is OK, but dairy products can contain bacteria's that will set off a Cavaliers stomach, the only exception to the rule I know of is if your dog is on Anti-Biotics which can strip the gut of all it's natural "active" Flora, then I would give "live" yogurt to re-balance the guts natural flora.

Just my own personnal experience!

All my guys enjoy a wide range of dairy products. I only give them small amounts of regular cheese as it is high in fat but they regularly get yoghurt, cottage cheese & cows milk. We've never had any problems with dairy products.

I too routinely give cottage cheese and yogurt. Occasionally hard cheese. No problems with small amounts.

Some dogs do not tolerate milk very well, particularly cows milk. Goats milk is better tolerated.

Mine like cottage cheese, yoghurt and occasionally hard cheese as a tidbit!

You could try giving just a little bit of cheese to your pup and see how he/she reacts. Kingston gets a very upset stomach when he eats dairy, so I never feed it to him.

Back