View Full Version : How much to feed?

21st July 2007, 06:10 PM
Bentley's breeder sent me home with some raw food, but I am slowly switching him over to the adult Innova (I checked with the breeder about not doing puppy food), which is what I feed Oliver. How much do you think a 12-week old puppy should be eating? He weighs about 10 lbs. The bag says about 3/4 cup. (1 cup=8 ounces) I am adding a bit of water to soften the kibble.

21st July 2007, 06:37 PM
I feed maile 1/4 cup in the a.m. & 1/4 cup at night of dry kibble. I still do the same but now I put at the bottom a handfull of turkey or chicken. I too added a bit of water to soften it the first month or so.

22nd July 2007, 12:52 AM
Are you sure he's 10lb? I don't think Dylan is much more, he's 10 months and probably 12lb, I'll have to weigh him. Dylan is skinny though :confused:

Cathy Moon
22nd July 2007, 01:15 AM
I would feed him 3 times a day, offering him 1/4 cup each meal. Then I'd watch his weight to make sure he's not too thin or too fat.

You could also call his breeder to ask.

22nd July 2007, 01:22 AM
I agree with Cathy I used to feed King 3X a day until he was 6 months old....Then after 6 months he ate twice then after he hit 1 year he ate a small meal in the morning and then a large one at night....