• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How much to feed?

Holly

Bentley's breeder sent me home with some raw food, but I am slowly switching him over to the adult Innova (I checked with the breeder about not doing puppy food), which is what I feed Oliver. How much do you think a 12-week old puppy should be eating? He weighs about 10 lbs. The bag says about 3/4 cup. (1 cup=8 ounces) I am adding a bit of water to soften the kibble.

I feed maile 1/4 cup in the a.m. & 1/4 cup at night of dry kibble. I still do the same but now I put at the bottom a handfull of turkey or chicken. I too added a bit of water to soften it the first month or so.

Are you sure he's 10lb? I don't think Dylan is much more, he's 10 months and probably 12lb, I'll have to weigh him. Dylan is skinny though :confused:

I would feed him 3 times a day, offering him 1/4 cup each meal. Then I'd watch his weight to make sure he's not too thin or too fat.

You could also call his breeder to ask.

I agree with Cathy I used to feed King 3X a day until he was 6 months old....Then after 6 months he ate twice then after he hit 1 year he ate a small meal in the morning and then a large one at night....

Back