PDA

View Full Version : UK and Ireland Members: Barbara Garnett Wilson Cavalier books ordered!

Lisa_T
21st July 2007, 09:23 PM
After an exchange of emails with the Wilsons, my dad has decided to order in ten of Barbara's books- one of the sets is mine, but that will leave two sets in the presentation slip cases, plus an additional two copies of The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel in Fact and Fancy and The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel: A Tribute in Art. The slipcase box set includes both of these.

So, to recap:

We will have two box sets plus
Two copies of 'Fact and Fancy' as individual books.
Two copies of 'Tribute in Art' asindividual books.

I hope that's clear.

For the individual books it will cost 35 pounds sterling plus postage
For the box set it will cost 70 pounds sterling plus postage.

This is based on the number of books that have already been ordered- obviously we can order more if there's the interest!

You can say here if you wish to order or PM me.

If anyone has email addresses etc for various clubs etc that may be interested, please also PM me.

merlinsmum
22nd July 2007, 04:45 PM
Lisa,

Please can I have the other box set?

Lisa_T
22nd July 2007, 06:24 PM
Indeed you can, Kirsty. They're not going to be available until early Sept (they don't even get to the Wilsons until mid Aug, if I remember rightly).

Ok, so that's

One more box set available with slipcase plus the four individual books!

merlinsmum
22nd July 2007, 06:28 PM
When do you need payment? Should I send a cheque?

Lisa_T
23rd July 2007, 12:56 AM
Maybe hold off on that one for the moment? We may post it via amazon marketplace for the benefit of their credit card facility. If we do, I'll pm you *before* I place it on (and at a time when you're online) so you can nip over and buy it. Do you want to pm me your addy and then we can work out what the postage will be?

Lisa_T
26th July 2007, 12:31 AM
If anyone else is interested in ordering/pre-ordering these, I urge you to let me know as soon as possible. It's in everyone's interest to have these books more widely available in the UK/Ireland, and if we can't shift the 6 remaining books (in any combination- they can also all be sold individually, or as 3 box sets) then we won't be ordering any more in. The prices *are* significantly cheaper than it would be to buy the books direct from the States.

Karlin
26th July 2007, 12:37 AM
Lisa, you should post to the UKcavaliers yahoo group or maybe someone who is a member can crosspost for you if you don;t want to have to register and go through all of that. I think Barbara is a member there so maybe ask her? Several of the UK breeders are on that list.

This is a good price and much easier availability than would otherwise be the case.

I'd email the UK clubs and maybe ring Evelyn the IKC CKCS breed club sec as well.

Lisa_T
26th July 2007, 12:59 AM
That's a good idea, Karlin. I'm also going to email the NI club as I've been in touch with them before. In the meantime, would it be possible to sticky this?

The first shipment (of 'Fact and Fancy' has already been shipped. Wheee! This boxset is my belated birthday present, so I'm rather excited about getting even part of it sooner rather than later. :)